• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amazing copy of a super tough hi grade FF

64 posts in this topic

Why doesn't Brulato buy Doug's #1 in 9.6. If he is the master collector in the hobby, why not have the world's best FF #1 ???

He did. They did a cash trade for it years ago.

Does Brulato keep his undercopies ? I guess it's safe to say that if he'd register his books, he'd rank #1 by light years...

He probably will never list them, he goes after best copies so aggressively that he thinks people will use it as a way to decide which books to bid him up on or charge him through the nose for.

Why doesn't Brulato buy Doug's #1 in 9.6. If he is the master collector in the hobby, why not have the world's best FF #1 ???

OK so if he did, why is it listed on Pedigree's vault as a For Sale /Trade occasion ?

Brulato actually passed on the 9.6 in the mid-1990s, I think he mentions it in that Scoop article I linked earlier.

OK so if he did, why is it listed on Pedigree's vault as a For Sale /Trade occassion ?

(shrug)

It was big news when it happened a few years ago.

OK so if he did, why is it listed on Pedigree's vault as a For Sale /Trade occassion ?

Because he probably didn't have a reason for Doug to take it down...if somebody wants to make a crazy offer, I'm sure he'd like to hear it. I wouldn't assume every book in there is Doug's.

(shrug)

It was big news when it happened a few years ago.

Long post about it in these forums when it happened, I think it was documented in Scoop or somewhere similar.

I think this 9.6 is the FF 13 that Kapelka had raw from his recent Marvel find.

Did you see who bought it originally? And that collection had lots of date stamps?

I think this 9.6 is the FF 13 that Kapelka had raw from his recent Marvel find.

Did you see who bought it originally? And that collection had lots of date stamps?

Matt and Steve bought the FF 13. They outdrew me by one number to get the FF box.

There were date stamps on some of the books, but it was rather random and not necessarily consistent.

Didn't realize there was an FF #12 in 9.6. Interesting to find out if he owns this one.

Wow. That's a dream book for me.

Just buy one of the 9.4's and get it pressed. VOILA! Instant 9.6/9.8. Seems to be the rage these days.

That's actually not how it works, but nice try.

:grin:

Stoopid money

I don't know about that. Yes, $38K is a lot of money for a non key but this is one of the toughest early FFs in high grade and it's a 9.6. My guess is there won't be another 9.6 publicly available in the next 5-10 years. My initial thought was that it could have gone for more in an auction format (shrug)

F can stil command the coin - gotta be the earlier under # 25 Issues, and the 48- 50 w/ Radd.

CAL who markets the Marvel Non-Keys

Stoopid money

Nope. That will be chump change 10 years from now.

Yep.

Not so sure of that as so many new collections are surfacing [especially SA stuff] and so many books are being squeezed to higher grades. I think this is more of a case of what comes up must come down.

Stoopid money

Nope. That will be chump change 10 years from now.

Yep.

Not so sure of that as so many new collections are surfacing [especially SA stuff] and so many books are being squeezed to higher grades. I think this is more of a case of what comes up must come down.

Well, then I'll be the fool to pay too much.