• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FICTION is in da HOUSE! A couple Planets, Fights, Rangers, more!

57 posts in this topic

OK. Actual books!

Here's one more Planet, priced to move.

Planet Comics #55 in 3.0. Solid, quite attractive lower-grade copy with nice deep color strike and supple pages. Cool GGA cover (one of my faves from this part of run) and stories. Back cover has a corner piece out, and there's a 1.5" piece of clear tape at the top of the spine. Nice pages.

$65

planet55.jpg

Back

:takeit: per PM

OK. Actual books!

Here's one more Planet, priced to move.

Planet Comics #55 in 3.0. Solid, quite attractive lower-grade copy with nice deep color strike and supple pages. Cool GGA cover (one of my faves from this part of run) and stories. Back cover has a corner piece out, and there's a 1.5" piece of clear tape at the top of the spine. Nice pages.

$65

:takeit: per PM

Thanks, Michaël! (thumbs u

OK, last book and a real beauty. This one hurts (pun intended)...

Fight Comics #44 in 5.0/5.5. Classic torture cover, and a simply beautiful copy... glossy, deep color strike with hot reds, you name it. Presents like a high grade copy, but on closer inspection there's a few long/soft non-color-breaking creases around the bottom half of the front cover, and a bit of spine wear. No back cover scan available, but no major BC issues. White pages. Priced a bit aggressively, as I really hate to offer this one; I doubt I'll find any nicer.

$165 SOLD

fight44.jpg

Fight Comics #44 in 5.0/5.5. Classic torture cover, and a simply beautiful copy... glossy, deep color strike with hot reds, you name it. Presents like a high grade copy, but on closer inspection there's a few long/soft non-color-breaking creases around the bottom half of the front cover, and a bit of spine wear. No back cover scan available, but no major BC issues. White pages. Priced a bit aggressively, as I really hate to offer this one; I doubt I'll find any nicer.

$165

fight44.jpg

:takeit:

$165

Thanks! :applause: Had a feeling it would move quickly.

$165

Thanks! :applause: Had a feeling it would move quickly.

:whee: My lucky day, I literally clicked on the thread 30 seconds after you posted it.

Rangers Comics #38 in 4.0/4.5. Great hanging cover (yikes), and tons more GGA inside. Another fun read. Tiny tear on the righthand side of each page. Bold cover colors.

$45

rangers38.jpg

Back

Well, that didn't work as I hoped. I guess I need to hit "quote"? I meant to say I'd take this Rangers 38. Please pardon my newbie-ness.

Rangers Comics #38 in 4.0/4.5. Great hanging cover (yikes), and tons more GGA inside. Another fun read. Tiny tear on the righthand side of each page. Bold cover colors.

$45

Well, that didn't work as I hoped. I guess I need to hit "quote"? I meant to say I'd take this Rangers 38. Please pardon my newbie-ness.

You got it. Thanks, friend! (thumbs u

Here's what's left:

Page 1

Planet Comics #34 in 1.0/1.5. $60

Planet Comics #36 in .5 (looks midgrade, missing CF). $70

Planet Comics #42 in 3.0. $70

Page 4

Jungle Comics #15 in 1.8/2.0. $80

Fight Comics #39 in 3.5/4.0. $88

Regarding that Fight Comics 44...

>> I doubt I'll find any nicer.

Actually, you probably can. Fight 44 is a curious one to me. There are 10 copies

in the census at 9.0 and higher. There are 7 copies in 9.4. SEVEN!

For the Fight issues that I care about, this one has by far the most copies in

ultra high grade.

gozer

----------

Guten Morgen. I am Horst. The new owners have elected me to speak

with you because I am the most non-threatening. Perhaps I remind you

of the loveable Sergeant Schultz on Hogan's Heroes.

Regarding that Fight Comics 44...

>> I doubt I'll find any nicer.

Actually, you probably can. Fight 44 is a curious one to me. There are 10 copies

in the census at 9.0 and higher. There are 7 copies in 9.4. SEVEN!

For the Fight issues that I care about, this one has by far the most copies in

ultra high grade.

Ok, fair enough. How about "I doubt I'll own any nicer". lol

What would a 9.4 copy go for, anyway? I don't have the foggiest idea.

Some price drops on the Fiction House books remaining:

Page 1

Planet Comics #34 in 1.0/1.5. $60 $54

Planet Comics #36 in .5 (looks midgrade, missing CF). $70 $60

Planet Comics #42 in 3.0. $70 $65

Page 4

Jungle Comics #15 in 1.8/2.0. $80 $70

Fight Comics #39 in 3.5/4.0. $88 $80

(Also, not going to bump the old thread but the Fighting Yank #10 is sold via PM.)