• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have a photo of Jason Ewert they can post?

131 posts in this topic

A buddy found one. He's on the far right:

brulato-ffb-ewert.jpg

Whatever happened to FFB? ???

I remembered that he used to post here quite often. Has he left the comic collecting behind him and moved onto greener pastures?

He's more selective in his posting, now that he's EffEffBee.

LMAO Kevin! :applause:

I still feel that Ewert was dreaming of a 10 though. :D

Blasts from the past. :D

What I remember most from the Ewert-era isn't the trimming fiasco. It was that weird bizarreness BEFORE the trimming was drug into the light.

You remember this one?:

A CGC 8.5 X-Men GS1 the owner sold to Ewert because he thought it was a very weak 8.5, more an 8.0, because it had a spine tear. The grader notes were 8.0,8.5,8.5. Then Ewert gets it regraded and...Yahtzee! The grader notes were 9.2,9.2,9.2, clean sweep across the board.

While trimming shows a certain level of stupidity, at least the results didn't defy logic. Not like that midas touch Ewert miracle-book.

LMAO Kevin! :applause:

I still feel that Ewert was dreaming of a 10 though. :D

Blasts from the past. :D

What I remember most from the Ewert-era isn't the trimming fiasco. It was that weird bizarreness BEFORE the trimming was drug into the light.

You remember this one?:

A CGC 8.5 X-Men GS1 the owner sold to Ewert because he thought it was a very weak 8.5, more an 8.0, because it had a spine tear. The grader notes were 8.0,8.5,8.5. Then Ewert gets it regraded and...Yahtzee! The grader notes were 9.2,9.2,9.2, clean sweep across the board.

While trimming shows a certain level of stupidity, at least the results didn't defy logic. Not like that midas touch Ewert miracle-book.

I absolutely remember that, Kev. The "Ewert touch" lol

from wonder con forum dinner i think at bob's steak and chops inside the Omni hotel, L to R: tommy brulato, FFB, and JE.

Nope, that was the Chicago Forum Dinner, 2004, Gibson's. But you got the three numbskulls correct.

A buddy found one. He's on the far right:

brulato-ffb-ewert.jpg

Whatever happened to FFB? ???

I remembered that he used to post here quite often. Has he left the comic collecting behind him and moved onto greener pastures?

He's more selective in his posting, now that he's EffEffBee.

Thanks and I guess I should have seen that from the name. doh!

I wonder why he can't just stick to the one name like everybody else, as he has changed his name quite a few times already. (shrug)