• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He's Found His Hulk #181s....

33 posts in this topic

Wow! I do keep seeing on an intermittent basis about the HULK # 181 Warehouse copies surfacing. Thank goodness I only have about a dozen.

CAL

Look like Calm-Mix has found the top copy of his Hulk #181 stack. Wonder whether he has hundreds of this key as well? 893whatthe.gif

There was a lot of speculation on this, with many stating "if he had them, he woulda sold them long ago". Obviously this is not true, and it will be interesting to see how many more pop up.

If more do and they're similar in supply to his other Bronze Key hoards, then it will likely kill the CGC 8.0-9.2 (some pressable to 9.4-9.6) market. foreheadslap.gif

If more do and they're similar in supply to his other Bronze Key hoards, then it will likely kill the CGC 8.0-9.2 (some pressable to 9.4-9.6) market. foreheadslap.gif

Will also do the same for #180 and those hoping it would see significant gains as the "true" 1st appearance of Wolverine. If he has a similar supply of these as he has of X-Men #94 and GS #1, it should slam the door on it's recent price gains. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

If I had hundreds of the Hulk 180-182 trilogy set, I would very slowly sell the copies. Sell one or two here, then wait awhile, then sell a couple more, then so on. Flooding the market will only hurt sale prices. Sure wish I had an un-opened case or two of #181.

This guy is very interesting. I have spent several thousand buying Calm-mix books mostly with great success. Many people wonder how I ever got so many "white page" slabs on my Bronze books. Calm-mix is the answer to that. I mostly bought large amounts of his Punisher-related Spidey books. Geez, I even considered buying this #181 lot except I didn't since I am saving my cash for Wondercon. Yeah, if he has 25-50 of these key books it may very well hurt the market in those books FOR NOW. But hold on to them for a while and then you will be fine. Depending on how high that #180 grades it would be possible to slab that and pay for a large part of the lot. The #181 does really not look too bad. Maybe a qualified 8.0 or so. Ugly marker stain but not really that bad otherwise. -----Sid

Yeah, if he has 25-50 of these key books it may very well hurt the market in those books FOR NOW.

But if he has the issue in the quantites of his X-Men keys, we aren't talking 50 copies, more like 100-150+..... 893whatthe.gif

Jim

Yeah, if he has 25-50 of these key books it may very well hurt the market in those books FOR NOW.

But if he has the issue in the quantites of his X-Men keys, we aren't talking 50 copies, more like 100-150+..... 893whatthe.gif

Jim

Hopefully he doesn't have a hoard of Hulk 181s with the MJ insert.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

absolutely disgusting LARGE scans also, geez, grin.gif

The copies usually are much nicer than the scans indicate. Not sure why but the copies always look "dirtier" in the scans than they actually are.....

Jim

Hopefully he doesn't have a hoard of Hulk 181s with the MJ insert.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I've bought longboxes of comics from him and not one had the MJ insert....so I think you're safe.... smirk.gif

Jim

I'm not so sure he has the vast quantities of this book as with the others. If he did, why not post one here or there? What reason would he have to wait until most of his X and Spidey books were sold before selling off the Hulks? I'm sure he has more but I doubt if he has massive quantities. But hey, I could be wrong. I'm sure we'll all keep watchin'. -------Sid

I've bought longboxes of comics from him and not one had the MJ insert....so I think you're safe.... smirk.gif

Jim

Jim, you mean all the books you bought add up to long boxes, or do you mean you actually bought large box quantities at one time from him? This guy is still a mystery to me. I know he bought some kind of huge distributor lot, but the details are what I am curious about. -----Sid

Jim

Jim, you mean all the books you bought add up to long boxes, or do you mean you actually bought large box quantities at one time from him? This guy is still a mystery to me. I know he bought some kind of huge distributor lot, but the details are what I am curious about. -----Sid

All the comics I've bought from him together fill around 3 and a half longboxes.

Jim

All the comics I've bought from him together fill around 3 and a half longboxes.

Jim

Geez, you've got me beat. Mine would have added up to about one small box if I hadn't sold most already. And I thought that I was one of his big customers. Jim, have you sold many of yours or slabbed any? and if so, how'd you do? ----Sid

Jim

Geez, you've got me beat. Mine would have added up to about one small box if I hadn't sold most already. And I thought that I was one of his big customers. Jim, have you sold many of yours or slabbed any? and if so, how'd you do? ----Sid

Nope..... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim