• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which books do you think could be a Gerber 10

62 posts in this topic

No idea on the "very rare", sorry.

But since this thread popped back up, I'll hop on my personal "I think this is a 10" candidate:

Peter Wheat News

PWN_43.jpg

PeterWheatNews44.jpg

There's 2 of the 3 intact issues I've found in several years of looking; I've also got a couple issues with only the comic pages and two auctions got away from me. Only 4 intact issues out of over 60 seen in years of looking. Does anybody else here have ANY issues of the title?

Oh, and there's a 4th copy of the Fantastic 18 out there, at least, even if coverless: It's been scanned at the DCM.

Speaking of rare comics, I caught sight of something on eBay that is pretty remarkable. Here is the link to the item,which is almost over. (Disclaimer: I have NO association with the seller and absolutely no interest in or connection to the auction.)

mmc128.jpg

From what I can tell, this is the super-rare Marvel Mystery Comics 132 pager, which is listed at the end of the Marvel Mystery Comics section in the Overstreet guide (bottom of page 727 in current guide). There is a rare variant of that comic, and this could be it -- not sure which one it is.

The 132-pager was printed in New York and there are supposedly only 5 copies known to exist. The variant is even more rare than that.

Too bad about the burnt edges -- it's almost as though Human Torch had emerged from the story.

P.S. Seller only has 1 feedback. All his stuff seems to be damaged by fire.

Looks like it sold after all for $850. Would have paid $1k for it just because:

This is a really excellent seller. Item just as described and fast shipping! Buyer: frankieroar ( 1293) Dec-07-11 22:19

M.M.C 128p. (#300631227368) US $850.00