• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics are way underpriced ?

252 posts in this topic

X-men 1

I never understand why its basically worth half as much as ASM1 (shrug)

X-men are pretty much just as popular as Spidey at this point and it's their actual 1st appearance(and magneto's) unlike ASM1.

Very true. Prices have gone up a bit since the movie came out, but it's been rather stagnant for years...

[font:Arial Black]Highest CGC-graded POS comics with no redeeming value in their art and story.

ex. $149.99

$(KGrHqF,!ksE3ON(F2OWBOS(IFsMsw~~0_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PATSY-HEDY-98-MARVEL-HIGHEST-CGC-GRADED-COPY-9-2-/230660795234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b4746b62

Plus these production error copies; many of which were regularly passed along in large shipments with little, if any, regard for quality control.

Ask SkyPinkBlu about the Bakertowne Collectibles Collections.)

ex. $49.99

$(KGrHqZ,!jYE4nqCEQJLBOSepuyvdw~~0_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEEN-AGE-LOVE-17-1958-CHARLTON-ERROR-COMIUC-BOOK-RARE3-/230660962391?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b476f857

More > http://stores.ebay.com/DTA-COLLECTIBLES/Romance-/_i.html? eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=230660962391 _sacat=3977&_sid=419746&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Hello porcupine, comicopolis, r1970d (Vintage Comics), Tupenny Conan.

I wish to remain,

as always,

yours truly

and sincerely,

The Most Prolific Author in the History of Writing

ans. (Anonymous)

[/font]

Yet another shill. meh

You think Daredevil and the X-men have "similar popularity"?!?!?

I don't think so. DD is one character, while the X-MEN are a host of characters. That alone probably makes the franchise more popular than DD. But by that same token, it might explain X-MEN #1's relative lack of value. Today's X-MEN are not the same X-MEN from #1...

X-men 1

X-men are pretty much just as popular as Spidey at this point and it's their actual 1st appearance(and magneto's) unlike ASM1.

X-men 1 compares favourably to Daredevil 1 which is a 1st appearance/1st appearance comparison of similarly "popular" characters. meh

If you want to compare ASM 1 to any other non-first appearance book you really have to compare it to second appearance or first issue of a DC character like Superman/Batman since Marvel doesn't have any other heroes that measure up in popularity.

You think Daredevil and the X-men have "similar popularity"?!?!?

Please, please, PLEASE send me some of what you're smoking! :wishluck:

lol The "franchise" may be more popular but Daredevil alone is more popular than any single character introduced in X-men 1.

First appearance of a 1st tier title with 3rd tier characters is more popular/valuable because it is #1 issue of the "franchise" - no one brags about having the first appearance of Iceman.

:baiting:

true, but still the 1st appearance of Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Jean grey AND Magneto all rolled into 1 book seems like it should be worth the same or more to me than ASM1 (shrug)

That could also be because i have a X-men 1 and dont have a ASM1 lol

I still think X-MEN #1 should be worth more than ASM #1, but it's the market that decides, not I.

X-men 1

Very true. Prices have gone up a bit since the movie came out, but it's been rather stagnant for years...

Current issues/stories usually drive enthusiasm for past stories. The fact the the X-books have been sub par for years doesn't help.

Face redrawn by Severin.

Marie I believe.

^^

Any idea what was wrong with the face Steranko drew?

Well, here's the before and after:

steranko%2Bhulk%2Bking%2Bsize.jpg

Hulk%2B1.jpg

I suppose the face on the original was a bit too... savage? beastly? for the higher-ups.

It would seem Marvel has a loooong history of decision making that makes no sense. I thought Steranko's original looked better, no disrespect to Severin. Oh well, whatever

Marie added a mustache... :screwy:

On a similar note, I believe Marvel Team-Up #141 is underpriced in comparison to ASM 252. Same significance, except the obvious difference that ASM 252 has the AF 15 cover swipe and the first true story, even though MTU 141 was printed in the same month.
If I remember correctly it also shipped the same week or the week before ASM 252.

Spidey #252 came out Thursday 2/4/84. MTU #141 came out 3 weeks later. I remember cause Joe from Village Comic Art wouldn't let me purchase more than 5 copies. :( Also, it was on my birthday.

X-men 1

Current issues/stories usually drive enthusiasm for past stories. The fact the the X-books have been sub par for years doesn't help.

Yet another reason JIM annual #1 should be considered the most undervalued SA 1st app of a "major" character. Herc books have been solid reads for the last 4 years.

On a similar note, I believe Marvel Team-Up #141 is underpriced in comparison to ASM 252. Same significance, except the obvious difference that ASM 252 has the AF 15 cover swipe and the first true story, even though MTU 141 was printed in the same month.
If I remember correctly it also shipped the same week or the week before ASM 252.

Spidey #252 came out Thursday 2/4/84. MTU #141 came out 3 weeks later. I remember cause Joe from Village Comic Art wouldn't let me purchase more than 5 copies. :( Also, it was on my birthday.

Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Man, is it that obvious? It turned out OK though. The person_without_enough_empathy left me six months later and my life actually got brighter :D

It's not you, man. When ever someone says, "for all the wrong reasons" it's almost always a girl.

Congrats on the turn around though. What was your MOS?

I bounced around. 7041 (Avi Ops)/8156 (Security Guard)/8711 (Ground Ops). Pretty much in that order. I was with 4th MEB during Desert Shield/Storm and spent most of last years at Camp Lejeune.