• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, there was a show in Baltimore this weekend...

36 posts in this topic

I did buy an Owly book, and got Andy Runton to sign it, and he drew a quick sketch of Owly on the inside cover! :D

6067130007_2fc2248607_z.jpg

I hope Andy can make it to Chicago one of these days. My daughter would proudly display that next to her MouseGuard. Thanks for sharing.

(worship) Lauren (worship)

Honestly - you take the best pics and write the best reports/descriptions.

Whether you're at Geppis or Baltimore you always make me feel like I'm there!! Truly just great writing, thanks Lauren!! :foryou:

Thank you for the kind words! Means a ton to me. :)

Youz welcome!!

The only downside to a con like that, is today I feel like death loomed over me. Hooray!

Yeah, I had 3-4 hours sleep a night on Fri/Sat. Was great actually sleeping 8 hours last night...

Saturday was a freaking madhouse, I remember specifically around 1:00pm the aisles weren't moving at all. It was almost like being at a rock concert for someone famous. Never expected gridlock for this show!

One other thing, I heard a little kid got hit by a car accident that went up over the curb at the traffic light right near the convention center entrance (Charles Street). Apparently it was a family walking up to the corner on the other side of the street when a vehicle tried to turn left from the center lane (only the left lane could make that turn) and it was hit by a car going straight. I hope that family and the child were ok. :(

The only downside to a con like that, is today I feel like death loomed over me. Hooray!

Yeah, I had 3-4 hours sleep a night on Fri/Sat. Was great actually sleeping 8 hours last night...

Saturday was a freaking madhouse, I remember specifically around 1:00pm the aisles weren't moving at all. It was almost like being at a rock concert for someone famous. Never expected gridlock for this show!

One other thing, I heard a little kid got hit by a car accident that went up over the curb at the traffic light right near the convention center entrance (Charles Street). Apparently it was a family walking up to the corner on the other side of the street when a vehicle tried to turn left from the center lane (only the left lane could make that turn) and it was hit by a car going straight. I hope that family and the child were ok. :(

Oh God, didn't hear about the accident. I hope all is well with the child and the family. :(

The one thing that irked me a lot at this show, was how rude some fanboys were to kids. I saw many a Comic Book Guy lookalike shove a kid or three out of the way and then glare at said kid. There's no reason to act like a tool at a show like this (or anywhere).

Oh God, didn't hear about the accident. I hope all is well with the child and the family. :(

The one thing that irked me a lot at this show, was how rude some fanboys were to kids. I saw many a Comic Book Guy lookalike shove a kid or three out of the way and then glare at said kid. There's no reason to act like a tool at a show like this (or anywhere).

Yeah the guy in the orange vest (rent a cop) across the street told me when the ambulance and cops were there. Checked the B-Sun and nothing on it.

There was a lot of shoving, yep. That's why I tried to get there early with the VIP pass so I could do all my shopping before the kids engulfed the place. Luckily I got there early enough to secure some hella commissions without being bumped into (Batman/Joker double spread, 3 Hulks, DR Donald Duck). A lot easier to talk to an artist when they're not being bombarded by fanboys. I felt bad for the Simonsons, they were completely mobbed and I didn't even try to talk to them. Basically people would just jump the line and come in from the other side of the artist and demand attention - this happened at 3 different artist booths. I wanted to punch more than a few of them.

Nice report BL...hope to hook up...I mean to meet up at a Con some day... :headbang:

Zing! Are you gonna be at New York Comic Con?

I'm about 50-50 right now and tentatively planning on it...hope to make it and will let my fellow boardies know if it's a go... :wishluck:

Nice report BL...hope to hook up...I mean to meet up at a Con some day... :headbang:

Zing! Are you gonna be at New York Comic Con?

I'm about 50-50 right now and tentatively planning on it...hope to make it and will let my fellow boardies know if it's a go... :wishluck:

I'm only heading down for Saturday. I really hope you can make it! NYCC is huge, but still a lot of fun. :)

And Gemma! If you had been there, the show would have been 1000000% cooler!