• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whatever happened to MARTY HAY???

8 posts in this topic

He's been at San Diego the last 3 years that I've been there. His stock is mostly mid grade stuff and he normally offers them at 50% off the marked price.

I am the all-powerful OZ (or at least the genuine Marty Hay !!!). In response to your message, I did not advertise in the Overstreet Guide this year in protest. My ad has been messed up for the last two years straight, be it wrong address, wrong area code for my phone number, and other glitches which have strained my patience. I like Bob Overtreet and count him as a friend I've known for well over three decades, but as he does not truly handle the advertising portion the mistakes were not his. However, with no offer of compensation, be it a cheaper rate for the now just-issued edition or even a sincere apology for the major screwups, I have decided to stop my annual ads. I might change my mind before the next years edition but for now I will continue to service my thousands of loyal customers as well as attending selected conventions like the San Diego Con I've sold at for over three decades straight. While I have attempted to go more into Golden age issues (just purchased an All Star #8 and a Superman #14 last week), the 15,000 issues I take to SD every year is some 75% Silverage and 25% Gold. Thanks for your inquiry as to the fate of Hulk Smashing (corny but effective) and with a few messages to the Grand High Pooba (Steve Geppi who I also have some familiarity with personally) I just might again grace the Price Guide pages. M