• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks Redhook for recommending "24"

34 posts in this topic

I rented the first two DVDs for season #1 from Netflix. Had never seen an episode before. The girlfriend and I are absolutely hooked. Best TV series I've seen in as long as I can remember. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifhi.gif

It is a great show. I don't even mind that it's un-realistic (ie. No way all this stuff could take place in a day). Still hooked since the first episode.

Jack Bauer is the man! thumbsup2.gif

I rented the first two DVDs for season #1 from Netflix. Had never seen an episode before. The girlfriend and I are absolutely hooked. Best TV series I've seen in as long as I can remember. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifhi.gif

You're quite welcome welcome Fantasy! I also didn't think they could ratchet it up for a third season but they have about four episodes left and it's cookin'! Of course, I agree with Chris, plausability isn't it's top feature, (especially if you live in LA!), but the interweaving of the action lines is genius. And Keifer was meant to play Jack Bauer.

Also, I do think season two is the deal!

Brad

One more thing,......the boxed sets for season 1 and 2 are reasonably priced epecially if you hit Target or Best Buy.....but I dare you to not watch the whole thing in about 2 days!

And of course there is always the Sopranos. Nothing better.

Really?!? I think the last 2 seasons have been mediocre at best, and the current season is ho-hum so far. Lack of focus, unresolved story threads... I'm starting to think this show jumped the shark when Big [!@#%^&^] died.

Try The Shield . It's everything the Sopranos used to be. cloud9.gif

Oh yeah, 24 is great, too. I did the first 2 seasons on Netflix and I'm watching the current as it airs. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

i ahve been talkin up the SHIELD for the past two years. Great writing although I could have done w/o a few scenes so far this season.....I do like 24 as well but not as much as SHIELD. Sopranos? I gave up on them last year.... sleeping.gif

i ahve been talkin up the SHIELD for the past two years. Great writing although I could have done w/o a few scenes so far this season.....I do like 24 as well but not as much as SHIELD. Sopranos? I gave up on them last year.... sleeping.gif

You're referring to the scene with the Captain and the gang member? Yup... it still makes my skin crawl thinking about it. That may have been the most uncomfortable 10 minutes I've ever spent in front of a tv. 893whatthe.gif But, that's what makes the show great... it does the unexpected and it is so unpredictable. It really does draw you in emotionally.

I'm also looking forward to 6 Feet Under in June.

Sopranos: 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Me: sleeping.gifsleeping.gif

grin.gif

You're referring to the scene with the Captain and the gang member?

I saw this particular episode. Man, that [!@#%^&^] was brutal! What a choice to have to make! That was about as uncomfortable as it gets!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Wait until you get to Season #2 - IMO, it's an order of magnitude better than season #1 and the best single season of any TV show I have ever seen. shocked.gif

Sure, if you cut out Cuthbert running around like a ninny and eating up valuable screen time. It was totally outside (and inconsequential to) the main story, and some parts were gratingly unwatchable.

They should just put her in a bikini and every 10 to 15 minutes, show her jumping up and down. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sure, if you cut out Cuthbert running around like a ninny and eating up valuable screen time. It was totally outside (and inconsequential to) the main story, and some parts were gratingly unwatchable.

They should just put her in a bikini and every 10 to 15 minutes, show her jumping up and down. 893applaud-thumb.gif

The lady and I just cringe whenever she's in a scene. She's about due for another kidnapping, isn't she? I'd love to know how she went from BABYSITTER who dates skeezy rock dudes to a computer expert in the nations highest security agency? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Well... we don't watch it for the realism. grin.gif

Wait until you get to Season #2 - IMO, it's an order of magnitude better than season #1 and the best single season of any TV show I have ever seen. shocked.gif

Couldn't agree with you more. Hate her! Hate her! Hate her!

(Did I mention I don't like her?)

PS, have never seen the Shield. Sounds like a must. One other recommendation.....Homicide. Three seasons have been released on dvd. Loved that show!

27_laughing.gif - I just finished watching the first season - VERY addicting isn't it? Hopefully season 2 will be as good as season 1.

I got into Season 2. Watched a few episodes of 3, but then got bored for some reason.

I can't wait! Season #1 is already among the top seasons of TV I've ever seen, and I'm only through disc 2!!!! grin.gif Thanks again to everyone for the recs. This show blows me away. And even better, I have finally found the secret to getting my girlfriend to leave the office before 9 p.m.

I got into Season 2. Watched a few episodes of 3, but then got bored for some reason.

Season three got off to a veerrryyy slow start....took about half a dozen episodes to get cranking, but it's pretty hot now. But I can understand someone bailing at the beginning.