• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Comics #74 Red Skull cover! SOLD

33 posts in this topic

Congrats to the buyer and seller! I have a Good minus I bought years ago from Jim Payette for $800. It sits comfortably in my safe deposit box.

And exactly where is your SDB??? :devil:

Congrats to the buyer and seller! I have a Good minus I bought years ago from Jim Payette for $800. It sits comfortably in my safe deposit box.

And exactly where is your SDB??? :devil:

Somewhere close to me I'll bet! :devil: :devil: And knowing how tight Payette grades; it's probably better than the assigned grade! :cloud9:

It's funny - this book exploded in price around 1994/1995 - I recall VG copies going for as much as 2K back then. Since then FMV has increased marginally while most other Cap books in the same grade range have at least doubled or tripled in value over the same period. It's due for a bump.

Yea it seems it hasnt gone up as much as others. Here is an image from when I bought it. The reason I grade it G- is due to a tear on the cover that extends from the front cover to the back cover.

I should clarify, its in one of THREE safe deposit boxes ;-) MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

von0w6.jpg

hm

Yea it seems it hasnt gone up as much as others. Here is an image from when I bought it. The reason I grade it G- is due to a tear on the cover that extends from the front cover to the back cover.

I should clarify, its in one of THREE safe deposit boxes ;-) MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

von0w6.jpg

hmhm