• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparkle City Comics-part 2?

48 posts in this topic

The collection is sick... Ridiculously sick! I also have amassed a ton of great stuff outside of this collection that the collectors are going to love.

Sure, I thought about a designated site, but I believe in eBay.

There are plenty of stand alone sites out there already and a true auction format on a site like eBay actually lets us stand out (and reach a larger audience).

With the quantity, quality and consistency I will be providing on eBay... I'm not worried about getting lost in the mix.

The collection is sick... Ridiculously sick! I also have amassed a ton of great stuff outside of this collection that the collectors are going to love.

Sure, I thought about a designated site, but I believe in eBay.

There are plenty of stand alone sites out there already and a true auction format on a site like eBay actually lets us stand out (and reach a larger audience).

With the quantity, quality and consistency I will be providing on eBay... I'm not worried about getting lost in the mix.

You'll be on your own there as far as no reserve auctions on super-HG books are concerned....

Saw this over at Scoop:

Schutzer Launches Sparkle City Comics

Brian Schutzer, CEO of Neat Stuff Collectibles, has announced that his is reviving Sparkle City Comics, a name familiar to many who have been around the comic industry for at least a few years.

Schutzer started Neat Stuff Collectibles over 10 years ago, since then Neat Stuff Collectibles has established itself as one of the top buyers and sellers of comic books, toys, sports, music and all other collectibles.

He said he saw a niche in the market for a seller willing to turn over entire collections in more of a wholesale format.

“While most dealers prefer to piece out every single item, Neat Stuff Collectibles has focused on velocity and volume in order to establish what is now the only comic books and other stuff entire collection wholesaler in the industry,” he said. In other words, “Neat Stuff Collectibles invented its own market.”

He said that over the past few years he has focused on original comic book artwork and established Brian Howard Art through which he has become known as a top buyer for the material. The experience and contacts made through that process have encouraged him to turn his attention to rare, vintage, high grade comic books.

He said the first Silver Age comic book he ever purchased was a Fine copy of Amazing Spider-Man #14 from the original Sparkle City Comics at a convention in New York City. It helped him get hooked on collecting and still stands out in his mind among his favorite experiences in the hobby, he said.

In announcing his new Sparkle City Comics, he said it is his intention to re-establish that name at the pinnacle of the hobby. He will present weekly and event auctions on eBay featuring what he describes as “a constantly fresh array of CGC comics of stunning magnitude and scope.”

Additionally he promoses, “For consignors an unbeatable 10 days to get paid, 10 days to sell, and the lowest commissions in the industry with no buyer's premium. For buyers, true, honest no-reserve auctions.”

What I get from this is that he started it all by buying a Good condition Amazing Spiderman #14.

DG