• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 + misc goodies.

17 posts in this topic

Wow, he was able to sell a restored book for $3,800? Maybe things are starting to turn for restored books.

It was very minor professional work, and it is the hottest book on the market.

Then again, didn't that restored NM+ 9.6 Amazing Fantasy sell for $16,000 on Comiclink a while back?

I think its fair to say that multiples for restored books don't rise on the same exponential level like they do for their unrestored counterparts. Personally, I think paying the $16K for a NM+ book with a PLOD is more risky if you're looking to sell down the road; the majority of the hobby is still very much Anti-Resto.

But you are talking about $16,000 for a NM+ copy of (one of) the most popular books out there. If I had money for both, I would buy the NM+ copy no question. IF the anti-resto market even changes slightly, you could be awash in money (if flipping is your thing).

All this talk is hypothetical, though. I don't EVER want a AF 15. smile.gif

IF the anti-resto market even changes slightly, you could be awash in money

I remember when restoration was a much more accepted practice in the hobby, and stuff like the sealed spine splits or cover reinforcement on the AF 15 I sold was not even considered resto. Things are very different now-a-days and as the collecting community shrinks, and people get more and more finicky, restoration of any sort will still be frowned upon.

Just look at all the things that used to be considered "acceptable flaws" a decade ago that a lot of folks on this board now consider a mortal sin (anything less then "White" page quality, anything less then perfect "QP", date stamps, arrival dates, etc.).

And I'm with you....who the heck wants an AF 15 anyway? tongue.gif

I wish I had seen that book, as I probably would have popped the BIN. Did you offer it in the marketplace before listing it? I need a place filler AF#15 until I can find a nice, NM Slight P restored copy or a VF unrestored at a more reasonable price than the one they have on ComicLink.

IF the anti-resto market even changes slightly, you could be awash in money

I remember when restoration was a much more accepted practice in the hobby, and stuff like the sealed spine splits or cover reinforcement on the AF 15 I sold was not even considered resto. Things are very different now-a-days and as the collecting community shrinks, and people get more and more finicky, restoration of any sort will still be frowned upon.

Just look at all the things that used to be considered "acceptable flaws" a decade ago that a lot of folks on this board now consider a mortal sin (anything less then "White" page quality, anything less then perfect "QP", date stamps, arrival dates, etc.).

And I'm with you....who the heck wants an AF 15 anyway? tongue.gif