• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Alan Moore pics!

227 posts in this topic

Lets look at this guys. less than 40 books. Most sought after comic creator of all time. High grade. 2500 plus just to fly over and get a hotel. 4 days of your life (meaning no pay from your regular job). 1.5 of those days spent flying and being stuck in airports. Purchasing copies of the new books (that is more cost) in order for alan to sign the Books. Then there is grading fast track shipping to CGC and from CGC (more cost). Alan Moore also has no other scheduled signings for the rest of the year. Oh and lets not forget food and transportation while in london (more cost) and the fact that everything cost twice as much because the dollar is weak right now. Those prices don't seem so crazy when you start thinking about it that way. Plus lets not forget they have the books and you want the books. They have the upper hand.

Maybe it's just me,but it sould like some of those in the opps were doing this just to make a profit and as much as I am into that...... I would have made a effort to see what those would pay for something like this ? ( CGC SS Alan Moore )

I mean you just cant jumpin and think there is a return in the end,nowadays it just dont matter what it is if you dont already have buyers line up. Why invest !!

Lets look at this guys. less than 40 books. Most sought after comic creator of all time. High grade. 2500 plus just to fly over and get a hotel. 4 days of your life (meaning no pay from your regular job). 1.5 of those days spent flying and being stuck in airports. Purchasing copies of the new books (that is more cost) in order for alan to sign the Books. Then there is grading fast track shipping to CGC and from CGC (more cost). Alan Moore also has no other scheduled signings for the rest of the year. Oh and lets not forget food and transportation while in london (more cost) and the fact that everything cost twice as much because the dollar is weak right now. Those prices don't seem so crazy when you start thinking about it that way. Plus lets not forget they have the books and you want the books. They have the upper hand.

All that is understood. Some people want to recoup all the expenses on one book :baiting:

A true test of the demand to your supply would be to throw them up on ebay starting at $0.99 and let the maket dictate.

You poor thing. :eyeroll:

Why would anyone do anything other than throw these books up with ginormous BINS? There is zero risk of one going too cheap, there is every chance of someone offering 50%+ of a ginormous BIN, and you get the word out that there are AM yellow label books.

As soon as everyone gets theirs back, i am sure there will be more available for sale, but until then, I can't see any reason not to do anything other than what has been done. If you think the numbers are too high or too stupid, offer less or turn off Ebay.

did you ever consider that maybe they just threw them up at a crazy price knowing they would never be hit, but it would certainly create buzz over them, and who knows, maybe someone with too much cash would actually buy it or make an offer that wouldn't be refused? Pretty cheap advertising for the masses that may not frequent the CGC forums...just sayin...

"They" Live

they-live-shepard-fairey-mondo-poster-01-450x600.jpg

btw, before peoples throw their hands up in the air (its an extra tough/sensitive room), I agree with everything BK said in his post above.

I just have Carpenter's They Live stuck in my mind. BTW, did you know there is a John Carpenter signing this weekend? Act like you know!

Why would anyone do anything other than throw these books up with ginormous BINS? There is zero risk of one going too cheap, there is every chance of someone offering 50%+ of a ginormous BIN, and you get the word out that there are AM yellow label books.

As soon as everyone gets theirs back, i am sure there will be more available for sale, but until then, I can't see any reason not to do anything other than what has been done. If you think the numbers are too high or too stupid, offer less or turn off Ebay.

hm

I thought that we made fun of blackstar comics for putting his books up with really high BINS?

I thought we did not appreciate his ebay listings because we feared lots of creators would see them and attach a over inflated value to their CGC Signature Series books.

I thought we did not appreciate this because that sort of thing made it more difficult and expensive to get CGC SS books in the future from creators who came to this inaccurate conclusion.

I thought certain past creators DID see their books on ebay for high amounts and take issue with it and then refuse to do CGC Signature Series books again.

I guess when it is you or your friend's books it is ok ???

hm

I like joeyposts comment. If they are so rare and awesome why not put them up for 99cents and let the market dictate. (thumbs u

hm

I thought that we made fun of blackstar comics for putting his books up with really high BINS?

I thought we did not appreciate his ebay listings because we feared lots of creators would see them and attach a over inflated value to their CGC Signature Series books.

I thought we did not appreciate this because that sort of thing made it more difficult and expensive to get CGC SS books in the future from creators who came to this inaccurate conclusion.

I thought certain past creators DID see their books on ebay for high amounts and take issue with it and then refuse to do CGC Signature Series books again.

hm

I like joeyposts comment. If they are so rare and awesome why not put them up for 99cents and let the market dictate. (thumbs u

whats this we sh*t? oh...

:jokealert: (thumbs u

hm

Blackstar is a clown.

I think that has proven to be a very real risk

I think that has proven to be true as well.

It's not just that. They can have a myriad different reasons for refusing to do SS. But Ebay prices have certainly been mentioned in the past.

My actual position is that when there is no market, or the market has yet to be made, there is not much else to do other than put a high BIN on the book and accept offers. Based upon what a couple of these books have sold for (at least the information that has trickled down to me) those BINs are high but four figure sales have already occurred.

I like joeyposts comment. If they are so rare and awesome why not put them up for 99cents and let the market dictate.

If you put up a couple of Joe Simon sketch covers and a couple of Frazetta 9.8s, I'll put up my Miracleman #1 Alan Moore and we will see whose b-hole puckers more. Want to try?