• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Showcase 4 CGC 5.0 - Closed.

43 posts in this topic

Showcase 22 had ALOT more room to grow compared to Showcase 4. I dont see the books demand skyrocketing unless DC manages to create the next Spider-Man franchise. Batman 1 and Tec 27 didnt exactly surge when christian bale donned the cowl. Cheaper books like Iron Man 1, and Avengers 4 are the books that grow.

RE: BATMAN movies.

There were plenty of BATMAN movies prior to the BALE one. And it's not like BATMAN was a second tier franchise at the time of their release. If anything the BAT movies had more of an impact on the the copper/modern back issues, which is the same logic you're applying to AVENGERS #4/IM #1 - less expensive books relative to CAP #1/TOS #39 respectively. And I fully agree.

As for SPIDEY, well it's SPIDEY. It holds it's own special rank as a franchise. It keeps getting more popular....

I'm still willing to bet SHOWCASE #4 will spike with an official FLASH movie announcement. Now having said all of this, I'm not familiar with the issue in question and it's FMV vs the OSPG, because it's not a book I care for. So, if the original poster's asking price is both greater than FMV AND the OSPG price then that's a sure reason for price resistance.

Regardless, I still say "sit on it" and wait for the right time to sell it. I've already noticed an increase in actualized prices for FLASH #105 (in the 3.0-4.5 range), so SHOWCASE #4 might not be far behind. And I only know this, because I have a copy I've been sitting on, in hopes of a FLASH movie...

Always fun to debate prices!

Nice book (even though I'm not a FLASH fan) and good luck with the sale!!! (thumbs u

Batman and spiderman are top tier characters. I think flash hasnt been on peoples radars in a long time, so i agree that i think you will see a big increase in price for the showcase 4. As for OP price, listen its a tough book to come by, its a grail, i say let him charge what he wants. its out of my price range so i wont jump on it, but i definitely look to add this book to my collection some day.