• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DSD Thread! Dave Stevens Deluxe

36 posts in this topic

So a story for my fellow boardies, to accompany the listing of Dave Stevens' The Rocketeer Deluxe Edition (Slipcase)

Went to my LCS to sell off a few books on the manager's want list. Sold a couple of GFT variants and a Witchblade 1 (I know, I know...but apparently he has a buyer). Anyway, the manager himself is a fan of Sgt. Rock books...I grabbed a couple Giant Size books I had purchased in Andy's blowout thread a few months back, hoping to maybe score a small profit on a couple that will not be finding a permanent home with me.

He literally keeps picking up and putting down an Our Army at War 242. Nothing terribly special :shrug: Mid grade 100 page giant that I would have been happy to score $10 to $15 for. Unfortunately, he had spent his budget for the time being on the couple of earlier books he purchased, and asked if I would be willing to work a trade with him. :juggle:

Why not, thought the Snake Eyes...maybe I can plug a couple of holes in other runs I am working on :wishluck: Looked for an hour...never had this happen in an LCS, but literally found zero in the way of back issues catching my eye. The manager suggests that I keep looking, and mentions that he is running a 40% off sale on trades/hard covers and I can take advantage of that. So thought turned to profit (I have a little underpants gnome residing where my heart should be :devil: ). Figured I would pick up an Absolute Edition or Omnibus and maybe sell it off for the cash I was hoping to get for the book originally.

Stumbled across this and thought of the boards, and the many Stevens threads I have seen here...what do I have to lose, I thought...I will make up the difference in cash with the LCS (figured I would owe $20 or so since it had a $75 retail, and ultimately break even). However, he mentioned how much he appreciated my trying to find something to allow him to have the book...bagged the slipcase and told me we were square :)

Near as I can tell my cost basis for this is somewhere around $7 :whee:

So an auction I say!!! Let a Stevens fan have this...or force me to keep it and start Snaking Dave books from those threads I mentioned :sumo:

Book will ship in a $10 priority box, and this amount will be added to the final bid price.

Auction ends once there has been two minutes with no bids (soft close) after 9:00 PM CST on Monday.

:gossip: Buy it now price...$60 shipped

Thanks for looking, and helping to fund Snake Eyes Acquisitions, LLC :insane:

:whee:

50 cent profit already...that means two wings at quarter wings night :ohnoez:

Congrats on the sale earlier of the ToS...great looking book, at some point I am going to have to work on making an Iron Man run hm

Hope all is well in Arizona Mark :foryou:

We beat Mizzou last night..... all is wonderful :acclaim:

Is that enough to cast a telling with?

Reading the future :cloud9:

:gossip: And I want the good stuff, none of those hollow chicken bones you paid with last time :sumo:

:kidaround:

Thanks for the bid Sean...adding those raw books to your thread soon...keeping watch for some more good stuff :)

Congrats on the sale earlier of the ToS...great looking book, at some point I am going to have to work on making an Iron Man run hm

Just took out Penn State...Happy Valley is sad now :whee:

Is that enough to cast a telling with?

Reading the future :cloud9:

:gossip: And I want the good stuff, none of those hollow chicken bones you paid with last time :sumo:

:kidaround:

Thanks for the bid Sean...adding those raw books to your thread soon...keeping watch for some more good stuff :)

Yep, will have a bunch tomorrow!!

Yay...ginger flesh books :cloud9:

-------------------------------------------------------

Completely unrelated...I just got a PM from someone overseas. International bidders are more than welcome (thumbs u

Postage will be added at cost for the Priority International rate. If you use the Buy it Now, I will knock $10 off that (it figured in $10 domestic shipping).

Just took out Penn State...Happy Valley is sad now :whee:

Happy Valley hasn't been Happy in a long time... at least they're consistent