• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minnesota FallCon - Saturday October 15

28 posts in this topic

No reports?

I was there. It seemed too crowded for the space. I think they need to move it to the Grandstand building for the one day con as well.

Picked up a bunch of books out of the dollar bins. Scored about 60% of the Atlas/Seaboard output. I'm planning on having them bound into hardcovers.

I took my camera, but I forgot to take any pictures. doh!

Sorry, no pictures here, either.

You are correct. It was busy from the moment the doors opened until closing time. Most of the dealers I talked to wouldn't mind seeing this show expand to two days, like the Spring show.

From my perspective (dealer), it was fantastic. Lots of bulk items, toys, comics, magazines, etc. sold out quickly. Some more expensive comics sold as well.

Other dealers reported some nice quality golden, silver and bronze comics were available as well as an amazing western comic book collection.

Overall, lots of families, hard core collectors (not a huge amount of CGC, but some) some sweet raw books, toys, mags, fun guests and camaraderie.

See you next Spring, I hope. :hi:

Sorry, no pictures here, either.

You are correct. It was busy from the moment the doors opened until closing time. Most of the dealers I talked to wouldn't mind seeing this show expand to two days, like the Spring show.

From my perspective (dealer), it was fantastic. Lots of bulk items, toys, comics, magazines, etc. sold out quickly. Some more expensive comics sold as well.

Other dealers reported some nice quality golden, silver and bronze comics were available as well as an amazing western comic book collection.

Overall, lots of families, hard core collectors (not a huge amount of CGC, but some) some sweet raw books, toys, mags, fun guests and camaraderie.

See you next Spring, I hope. :hi:

:headbang::banana::applause:

I have a few photos, but nothing spectacular. I did not expect to see that many people there! Some people told me people were lined up a few hours before the show started. So I did not get one of the free grab bags. What were in the bags? I'm guessing tickets since I heard those people yelling out "WINNER!" every 10 mins.

I mostly hung out around Keith Pollard's area since he's one of my favorites. I even purchased a Spiderman 2099 page from him that has the first appearance for the 2099 Venom. Pretty cool page and a great value!

One of the volunteers was sitting there, and I was talking to him about how my wife and I just relocated here. He gave me his card, and asked if I wanted to volunteer for the SpringCon! So pumped!!

All in all, I had a great time, and everyone was really friendly. I have no qualms about them expanding to 2 days!

The people shouting "Winner" were at the prize booth behind the entrance. You just have to fill out a form (which basically puts you on the mailing list) and they hand you a ticket. Then you just have to check back every so often to see if they've drawn your number.