• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cavewoman. Some questions.

34 posts in this topic

I did a search on Cavewoman and nothing came up. (Except a listing of comics on sale for a certain week). So here we are, at this thread.

Does anyone know anything about these books? Was the original series in the 80s any good? Any good ones stand out from the rest since? Anyone want to admit they actually read these books? :grin:

I read up a bit on the character's origin from Wikipedia. For whatever it's worth, it sounds fun to read. And the pictures seem...pleasant. Budd Root really knows how to illustrate a realistic depiction of a woman's body...ahem...massive breasts aside, I suppose. :eyeroll:

I'm just looking for honest thoughts and opinions of the books and their respective story lines and, I guess, your two cents on the usual question, "what's the collecting market like for these issues?"

Thanks!

There has been two NM= 9.9 MINTS for ssles for the longest time. No one is going tom pay that Seller the $100 each for them. Nice they appear to be,but the 9.9 and 10.0 craze has run it's course...

CAL just calling it how he sees it...

There has been two NM= 9.9 MINTS for ssles for the longest time. No one is going tom pay that Seller the $100 each for them. Nice they appear to be,but the 9.9 and 10.0 craze has run it's course...

CAL just calling it how he sees it...

Sorry for the double post here. Im on my phone at the moment in transit and I cant quite get the page o load correctly. But Cal, what $100 are you referring to?

Item 380210896626

I see what you mean. $100 dollars for a non-rare issue (when the nude one is even rarer...I think) is the sky. I didn't expect this to be a big-ticket collectible. Have you read any of them, Cal?

Anyone ever read the original series? (shrug)

"Read" Cavewoman? (shrug)

No, but I do own a few Original Pin-Ups :cloud9:

CGC 9.9 copies of random issues from pretty much any newer comic book series aren't going to be worth much money, though - it doesn't really have anything to do with the merits of said series :shrug:

If you're looking for collectability, people pay good money for the 1980s Cavewoman series - it's a tough series to find in high grade.

Item 380210896626

I see what you mean. $100 dollars for a non-rare issue (when the nude one is even rarer...I think) is the sky. I didn't expect this to be a big-ticket collectible. Have you read any of them, Cal?

Anyone ever read the original series? (shrug)

"Read" Cavewoman? (shrug)

No, but I do own a few Original Pin-Ups :cloud9:

you have a point there hm

CGC 9.9 copies of random issues from pretty much any newer comic book series aren't going to be worth much money, though - it doesn't really have anything to do with the merits of said series :shrug:

If you're looking for collectability, people pay good money for the 1980s Cavewoman series - it's a tough series to find in high grade.

I guess that makes reading copies of the original out of the question.

Not really - you should be able to pick up a complete reader set for about $100.

If that's too pricey, there's a TPB which reprints those 6 issues as well:

http://www.amazon.com/CAVEWOMAN-ORIGINAL-Budd-Root/dp/B000RFC6T6/

Not really - you should be able to pick up a complete reader set for about $100.

If that's too pricey, there's a TPB which reprints those 6 issues as well:

http://www.amazon.com/CAVEWOMAN-ORIGINAL-Budd-Root/dp/B000RFC6T6/

Sweet! Thanks! (Why didn't I think of looking here?!) (thumbs u

I think the art is great! I've got a lot of Cavewoman Budd Root art, some is for sale.

Here is the link.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetailSearch.asp?Artist=Budd+Root&GCat=25394&GSub=47732

You have some fantastic peices there! Nice. Thanks for sharing the links. Did you see Budd's Action Comics #1 recreation, on the same site? It is quite honestly one of the greatest peices of art I've seen. Undoubtedly his greatest work, in my opinion.