• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought my AF15!

57 posts in this topic

I was tempted to settle for an ASM 1 because for the money you can get a really nice looking copy. But the first appearance of Spider-man was something I just couldn't overlook. Had the right XM 1 or TMNT come along I might have gotten one of those instead.

As for the rest if Spider-man issues, we're talking years! to accumulate.

i've owned a ASM 1 CGC 3.5 before, this is by far the way better book to own.

Personally I think I could have done a bit better with some patience, but I wanted to buy it before the NYCC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200652450231?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

$4335. With free shipping I'm figuring comic itself is around a net $4300 flat.

AF15.jpg

That use to be my former copy before i sold it silvercomics. Definetly a nice looking 2.5 (thumbs u

Picture236-1.jpg

I think you did well! In my opinion getting an AF 15 with no marvel chipping is a big plus. I've seen 7.0's believe it or not with slight marvel chipping. Finding a 2.5 with no marvel chipping is rare. You did good.

Thank you! Now comes the big question - I'm going to NYCC next month. Do I get Stan's sig and a gold label or not? I'm leaning heavily toward no, but man that would be quite a goal for my very first Con!

I think you did well! In my opinion getting an AF 15 with no marvel chipping is a big plus. I've seen 7.0's believe it or not with slight marvel chipping. Finding a 2.5 with no marvel chipping is rare. You did good.

Thank you! Now comes the big question - I'm going to NYCC next month. Do I get Stan's sig and a gold label or not? I'm leaning heavily toward no, but man that would be quite a goal for my very first Con!

dont get a sig on this book; his sig will ruin it (thumbs u

get a sig on a reprint

I considered breaking out mine for the signing this past week-end, but I opted not to because I was afraid it would get damaged. And after seeing how they toss the books to him and then back to you, I'm glad I didn't...

I did have him sign an X-MEN #1, TOS #39, and DD #1. All low grade and raw, so I wasn't all that terrified to see them get tossed around.

I say open it up if that's what you want. It's your call. I'm sure it will add significantly to its value if that's what you're interested in. Either way, enjoy it!

I considered breaking out mine for the signing this past week-end, but I opted not to because I was afraid it would get damaged. And after seeing how they toss the books to him and then back to you, I'm glad I didn't...

I did have him sign an X-MEN #1, TOS #39, and DD #1. All low grade and raw, so I wasn't all that terrified to see them get tossed around.

I say open it up if that's what you want. It's your call. I'm sure it will add significantly to its value if that's what you're interested in. Either way, enjoy it!

I just looked at GPA for a 2.5, and the last SS copy that sold was at zero premium over other 2.5's in the same period. So yeah, that's a definite no. If it was an easy bump in price over cost, I might do it just to assist with a future upgrade.

I just looked at GPA for a 2.5, and the last SS copy that sold was at zero premium over other 2.5's in the same period. So yeah, that's a definite no. If it was an easy bump in price over cost, I might do it just to assist with a future upgrade.

:gossip: Take a look at the how much the PREVIOUS sale was for....

:gossip: Take a look at the how much the PREVIOUS sale was for....

Holy spoon!

Looking at other grades it mostly seems to go for a modest gain, and sometimes flat.

Something to consider is can the marks on the cover price be covered with a sig? I'm thinking yes but it might be an aesthetically unpleasing place for a signature.