• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - The Pinstripe Empire is Striking Back!!

109 posts in this topic

Before I get out of control here, let me just say: The NFL "fixed" this thing of buying Playoff teams - now MLB needs to do the same type of thing. That would eliminate the Yankee haters, or at least most of them. Let's call it what this really is: the very people that complain about Yanks buying players want to live in our Capitalist Society, but resent the Capitalists who can buy things. Quite a contradiction if you ask me. With that one, I am outta here for now!

Your so right baseball definitely needs the salary cap. It would be nice to see a team like the Milwaukee Brewers be able to contend again.

People who complain about the Yanks buying players don't care about Capitalist Societies, or the Capitalists who can buy things, if they even know what a Capitalist Society is and that they live in one. They care about baseball. Yankee haters will always hate the Yankees (for Red Sox fans it's in the blood), the difference being we would respect the Yankees accomplishments achieved on a balanced playing field. Granted the Yankees are following the rules, so I guess their just a victim of circumstance. Poor little Yankees.

CRC

T. Williams #1 all-time

So I find out attendees of the Diamond retailers summit can get tickets to the Orioles game on that particular Saturaday. All excited to see Camden Yards and then I find out who their playing...

Orioles vs. yankees

the agony...

CRC

It would be nice to see a team like the Milwaukee Brewers be able to contend again.

You're kidding, right? the last time the Brewers contended for anything, you could buy John Byrne copies of X-men from the newstands.

It would be nice to see a team like the Milwaukee Brewers be able to contend again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're kidding, right? the last time the Brewers contended for anything, you could buy John Byrne copies of X-men from the newstands.

Right, which is why it would be nice to see the Brew crew be able to contend again.

Minnesota must have one hell of a group of people working for them to field the teams they have the last few years considering their market.

CRC

Best records in baseball, as of 5/6/04:

1. Texas 18-10 (AL)

1. Angels 18-10 (AL) cloud9.gif

3. Houston 17-10 (NL)

3. Chicago 17-10 (AL) ...

8. Boston 16-11 (AL)

8. New York 16-11 (AL)

Bragging about a two game difference...

wow.... snooze. snooze. snooze. sleeping.gif

The Twins, Marlins, Oakland and other small market teams have proven that you don't necessarily need a big payroll to compete, although it obviously helps. Milwaukee and other cities have shown that even with a brand new state of the art stadium, if you have horrible management, your team is doomed to fail.

Would it be nice to see Milwaukee contend again? Sure, I guess, but with their current management in place, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mets are on a roll.........congrats to Mike Piazza for setting the catcher HR record.

Now get your [!@#%^&^] over to first, big guy!

mrmet.jpg

You forgot Anaheim. Why do people always forget Anaheim? 893frustrated.gif

The Twins, Marlins, Oakland and other small market teams have proven that you don't necessarily need a big payroll to compete, although it obviously helps. Milwaukee and other cities have shown that even with a brand new state of the art stadium, if you have horrible management, your team is doomed to fail.

Would it be nice to see Milwaukee contend again? Sure, I guess, but with their current management in place, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Best records in baseball, as of 5/6/04:

1. Texas 18-10 (AL)

1. Angels 18-10 (AL) cloud9.gif

3. Houston 17-10 (NL)

3. Chicago 17-10 (AL) ...

8. Boston 16-11 (AL)

8. New York 16-11 (AL)

Bragging about a two game difference...

wow.... snooze. snooze. snooze. sleeping.gif

hhhhmmmmmmm..... without the Yankee wins,the sox are a .500 team............without the sox losses,the Yankees have the best record in BB........baseball is a marathon,not a sprint.

btw-eight straight wins including five over Oakland,not too shabby.

You forgot Anaheim. Why do people always forget Anaheim?

Howabout that Mike Sciosa, must be nice to have him out there. Little falter last year but back on track again it seems.

and even with the "binge" for this year, they are at a little over $100 mil, nowhere near the Sox and Yankee payroll.

The Angels are a Manny Ramirez away from having the same payroll as the Sox. Now the Yankees, well, your 4 Manny Ramirez's from their payroll but I digress...

CRC

I do thank the Dodgers for their bumbling. He did get ejected yesterday, though. 27_laughing.gif

You forgot Anaheim. Why do people always forget Anaheim?

Howabout that Mike Sciosa, must be nice to have him out there. Little falter last year but back on track again it seems.

CRC