• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Ohio Con

103 posts in this topic

might actually miss my first mid ohio in ten years. What a crappy guest list.

I wish you weren't right. There's almost no comic guests I'd be interested in seeing that don't hit every show in the area.

It's just not worth the trek this year it seems. I may go up on Sunday for deal hunting and box diving, but that's it.

It's less than two hours drive for me so I've got nothing to lose but the jump in booth fees is going to kill the show as far as comics go. I saw they were pumping manga and anime for the show, too. I took my girls to a manga con in Columbus earlier this year and there were so many kids in costume, you couldn't move. I hope that isn't the way this one is heading.

Yeah, Wizard World now runs the show.

I talked to a lot of dealers who were still uncommitted for the show because table prices went through the roof so I wasn't sure what was happening.

I am no longer exhibiting at the show. I had an agreement with Wizard on prices. Exhibitors who did the show last year were told we would be grandfathered in at last year's prices. The show was barely worth doing at last years prices, and now it has gone up 500.00. I will just stay home for the weekend.

Yeah, yeah, I'm still going.

I talked to a lot of dealers who were still uncommitted for the show because table prices went through the roof so I wasn't sure what was happening.

I am no longer exhibiting at the show. I had an agreement with Wizard on prices. Exhibitors who did the show last year were told we would be grandfathered in at last year's prices. The show was barely worth doing at last years prices, and now it has gone up 500.00. I will just stay home for the weekend.

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Yeah, wanted to do the show too, but whatever. Never have made a ton of money there anyway.

We are still doing the con

They may as well call it the HOTFLIPS con.

:baiting:

Seriously, I'll look into who is going to be there next week and would like to make it but it doesn't sound too promising.

Yeah, wanted to do the show too, but whatever. Never have made a ton of money there anyway.

Dang. I wanted to go through your inventory.

stay tuned, still talking to the Wizard guys, apparently they want me at the show.

stay tuned, still talking to the Wizard guys, apparently they want me at the show.

Because you are honest and have sweet books. If you would just go ahead and grow the Col. Sanders goatee, you would have the trifecta!!

Because you are honest and have sweet books. If you would just go ahead and grow the Col. Sanders goatee, you would have the trifecta!!

if I do that, I will have to get a white suit and a string tie......my wife won't put up with that

But are they going to give you the discount on the booth fees..... (shrug)

But are they going to give you the discount on the booth fees..... (shrug)

not likely

ok, looks like I am back in. Peter told me if I didn't do the show I couldn't do Wizard Cincy, Nashville, and Anaheim :insane:

Did he also threaten to send you to bed without supper? Because no supper would definitely carry the weight in that threat.