• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Ohio Con

103 posts in this topic

It's been a good show, wall to wall people! Easily 2-3x more than last year. Sales are way up from last year and my store's sales on Saturday was a little more than double Saturdays sales last year. (My store is in the same convention center as the con). Fantasy Comics had some great books (He sold must) and North Coast has the usual great books. I'm not sure how anyone could complain about this show!

All the artist were doing very well, custume contest had way more entries than was expected and lasted after the con ended for the night. I've heard nothing bad from any comics dealers.

I agree....sales were much stronger than last year and quality discounted comics were easy to find without looking too hard.

Went through some great 50 cent and $1 comics......and purchased a couple boxes of quality material.

The best deals were at a couple booths down from us....I was 4th or 5th behind several other buyers in some fantastic $5 & $10 boxes and I still found a ton of amazing SA comics to purchase at bargin prices.....One of the other guys before me said some nice GA like EC Weird Science, Weird Fantasy and so on were in the boxes to begin with as well! Sure would have liked to see the few hundred comics that left the boxes before I went through them!!

I was skeptical going into the show but with great sales and purchases.....left happy and my only real complaint is Wizard's huge fee increases from last year for both the public & dealers.

I only went on Saturday, even though I live 20 mins away and paid for a weekend pass. It was a good one day show.

I bought a stack of 60 or so books. Lots of high grade CA with a few BA and SA sprinkled in. A few Wolverine #1 LS, a couple Secret Wars #8's, an MTU annual #1, multiple Star Wars #107's, and a copy of Star Wars #1 that will all go in for 9.8 prescreen. On the BA/SA side, I found an ASM #33 (NM-), ASM #110 (NM+), Tomb of Dracula #1 (NM), and a nice stack of Bryne X-Men in the NM+ range.

The move this year was much more towards supporting the under 18 and entertainment crowd. The place was packed. However, the room was larger than in years past and the facilities (set-up/food/bathroom access) were much better.

At Mid Ohio, you're not going to see the quality of books that a NYCC, C2E2 or SDCC show have. However, if you are there for more than window shopping or buying ultra high grade SA/GA, then there are deals to be had and lots of great buys. Dean Correa had tables upon tables of .50 cent books. While I was standing talking to him, I saw a guy pull a stack of reader Adams TEC's out of one of the boxes.