• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay scam of my af15

42 posts in this topic

Interesting. How do the account hijackers get paid? The linked PayPal account would still belong to the account owner. Can they so easily change it to their own PayPal?

It happens, can be someone in the family or a worker in the house who sees a computer with saved passwords.

This is why I never save passwords even on my home computer, nor do I check stuff like eBay or Paypal on a public computer. You just never know who is looking or installed software that will steal things like this, and then the next time you go to log in you find that your password has been changed...

As a matter of fact, I won't access my bank account or Paypal using a non secured wireless network in a hotel, either, there are lots of ways for people to steal your passwords.

I'm not saying that I'm SURE this is the case with this seller, that she's been hacked, I was just suggesting it's a possibility, before we get out the hanging tree and the rude emails.