• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War of the Gods #1 - Perez

29 posts in this topic

So, I had the bright idea of framing something I bought from George Perez. Not sure what to call it. It's on heavy card stock and has a heavy cellophane cover on top of it that has deep black outlines of all the characters that are on the card stock. It really looks like original art, but it's actually the finished product produced from the original art that was used to produce the cover of War of the Gods #1. Well, I framed it and hung it in my son's room before he was born. Now he's two and wants to know who all the characters are. Not being a big DC fan, I can't tell him! I was hoping to get some help. So, anyone know where I can get a list of all these characters or anyone bored who wants to take the challenge and try naming them? I checked google and couldn't find a list. Picture below:

WarOfTheGods.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Will need some enlargements for the smaller characters.

The simple ones, starting from left: Aquaman, Flash, Dr. Fate, Capt. Marvel, Wonder Woman, Superman, (over Supes' shoulder is) Animal Man.

Top right is Deadman Firestorm above Batman.

Far left: Power Girl in white just behind Aquaman, Demon on the pedestal near spine, Lobo the white faced guy, Spectre to his right, and perhaps a very stylized Hawkman - with Hawkgirl farther back flying in.

Will need some enlargements for the smaller characters.

The simple ones, starting from left: Aquaman, Flash, Dr. Fate, Capt. Marvel, Wonder Woman, Superman, (over Supes' shoulder is) Animal Man.

Top right is Deadman Firestorm above Batman.

Far left: Power Girl in white just behind Aquaman, Demon on the pedestal near spine, Lobo the white faced guy, Spectre to his right, and perhaps a very stylized Hawkman - with Hawkgirl farther back flying in.

Thanks so far folks! I'm trying to find a larger pic...I can't scan my framed thing because it's way too big.

I don't know what the heck he is doing on the cover with all the superheroes, but to the left of Power Girl is Captain Boomerang.

The large Centurion on the right is likely Son of Vulcan.

Beyond that, I don't think blowing it up would help any. The smaller size characters don't seem recognizable.

The cluster behind Flash are the Metal Men. I don't know the names beyond Platinum (Iron is purple and Copper is red??)

Also, if you maybe took pics of the people around Animal Man from the larger poster we could get some more detail and figure out those few randoms.

Who are the two between Animal man and Batman?

I have no idea.

Off Animal Man's right shoulder my first impression was Robin. Just not sure.

Same with Power Girl. When did she ever wear a turtle neck with yellow piping?

Through much of the early 90's

311px-Justice_League_Europe_31.jpg