• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Related Links (websites)
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Hello my fellow collector's, the purpose of this post is for everyone to share comic book related links, so that we will end up with a comprehensive thread of links. I have many more than what I'll offer here in my first post, but it's a start. The following links are all artist related, check em out! wink.gif

• This guy is probably one of the best know painters in all of comicdom Alex Ross Art
  • The Brothers Hildebrandt paint a wide variety of subject matter, and their Superhero paintings are always top notch
  • One of my personal favorite comic book artists, known for his work on CRISIS none other than George Perez
  • If you want to see a ton of great JLA & Avengers art then look no further than the JLA/Avengers Cross-Over Port
  • The small pics on this site don't do this painters work justice. I have a poster of Superman & Lois Lane, entitled "Faster than a Speeding Bullet" painted by Joe Devito , hanging on my wall in a poster frame. Talk about a realistic looking version of Superman, this is it!
  • Back in the 70's, DC had a very popular cover artist by the name of Neal Adams
  • Finally, if you can appreciate the beauty of a female like me, then be sure to check out The Pin-Up Files wink.gif

If everyone will get in the sharing spirit, then I'll share more comic book related links. Enjoy! wink.gif

For cover scans and creator credits (comic books since the beginning, and from around the world), see the Grand Comic Book Database Project

For news and industry gossip, see the Newsarama site.

For a fan site of one of comic's best ever best writer/editors, check out the Denny O'Neil page. (Denny himself checks in on a weekly basis or so).

Thanks MoS!

Z.

...and here are more links

Comic Book Supplies (Mylar, Acid-Free Backer Boards, Acid-Free Boxes, etc.)

• Bags Unlimited

• BCE Mylar

• E. Gerber Products, INC. "was started by Ernst Gerber after he developed the first and only edge sealing Mylar® process in 1977. Patents were awarded. Our patented equipment was sold and used worldwide by the Library of Congress, Comic Conservation Company, and Bill Cole Enterprises. We also offered the first Acid-Free boxes and Acid-Free backing boards to collectors." This is where I purchase my comic books supplies, and I give E. Gerber Products my highest recommendation.

Publishers & Distributers (this is FAR from a comprehensive list of publisher links)

• DC COMICS is the publisher of popular Super-Heroes such as Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, & Wonder Woman.

• Diamond Comics is the largest American comic book distributer.

• Gemstone Publishing is publisher of The OverStreet Comic Book Price Guide, and The OverStreet Comic Book Grading Guide

• MARVEL COMICS is the publisher of popular Super-Heroes such as Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, and DareDevil.

• Krause Publications pubishers of the weekly Comic Buyer's Guide, and the Standard Catalog of Comic Books.

Fan Sites (only the best wink.gif )

• Check out my favorite Spider-Man fan website, it features a TON of information, covers all of the Spider-Man titles, and it's a visual masterpiece. Amazing Spider-Man Info

• Another Spider-Man fan website worth checking out is Spiderfan

• If you want to see THE best Superman fan wesite, check out Superman Home Page

• Finally if your a HULK fan, like me, check out The HULK Library

Can someone please provide a link to THE BEST X-Men fan site?

WoW! You surpirsed me, I wasn't expecting a reply from THE creator of the site.

Eric, thank you for providing the BEST Spider-Man website! The graphic design for the Cover Gallery is unparalleled! You've earned my kind words and them some! IMO, Marvel should pay you for helping generate interest in their character. At any rate, your making countless Spider-Man fans happy! If there is anything I might could do to help, LMK. It's great to see over 1 million counter "hits", congratulations!

Best - Andrew

P.S. - Where is your Spider-Man avatar? blush.gif

Here are a few sites.

American Association of Comic Book Collectors (AACC)

Classic Conservations A good website for information and also a good person for restoration.

Comicon.com A good comic news site.

Grand Comic Book Database

Platinum Age Comics Newsletter

San Diego Comic Con

Scoop Comic and Collectibles news website

Andrew,

Thanks again for the kind words:)...Dont I wish I was getting paid doing this! It started out as just a hobby, but it seemed to take off unexpectedly.

Thanks for the offer of help. If have anyything you would like to review as in back issues and the like, feel free to send them along!

About the avatar, I guess I never gave it any thought:)

Thanks again,

Eric

Brian,

Thanks for the offer. Better scans = Larger file size and slower browser download though, and I use the lowest (color corrected) JPG compression available without any progressions.

50-80 kb for most real-size covers is a very good size/speed for most viewers. If they were at 200-300, I would get many angry people e-mailing me:)

I may be doing a CD with very high grade (large file size) scans in the future though, but I doubt they will be linked or thumbnailed to the site anytime soon,

Thanks again,

Eric

"Want to know what standards must be met for a comic to bear the Comics Code Authority seal?" If so, then check out this link to read the Comics Code Authority Standards. If I'm not mistaken Amazing Spider-Man issues 96-98 were not approved by the Comics Code Authority, but Stan Lee published them anyway. The overwhelming positive response of those books led to a revison of the "code". Remember when comic books were more light hearted and fun? Comparing Gold and Silver comic book content with Modern book content is like comparing "Leave it to Beaver", with "The Simpsons". laugh.gif My, how the times have changed.

Holy Moley I was in Sicily during this thread and just found it. Was gonna post a couple of good precode cover galleries, but will put it here.

In my opinion, threads like this should be kept active - they are great resources!

Timely-Atlas Cover Gallery

Crime/Horror Gallery

Good Girl and Romance Gallery

I have a lot of bookmarking to do!