• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warehouse Find Issues?

25 posts in this topic

OK - this is a great Thread - but what is the opinions of what actually has happened to these "warehouse" copies? Think that they are still in some long boxes somewhere or have they been distributed throughout the comic book collecting world???

Curious CAL 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK - this is a great Thread - but what is the opinions of what actually has happened to these "warehouse" copies? Think that they are still in some long boxes somewhere or have they been distributed throughout the comic book collecting world???

I don't believe there are many long boxes still waiting to be sold. There might be an issue (or a few) that several dealers have many multiple copies of, but remember this warehouse find was almost 20 years ago. It's not like dealers sat around and said let's not sell these until a third party grading company comes along.

That said, every once in a while, I will see a dealer with multiple copies of an issue. Most cases these are not NM's, but they will say they bought a stack of these several years ago. I'm pretty sure that the NM copies sold first.

I think we need to distinguish between books that were just speculated on at the time (all the 1968

Marvel "first issues" like Doc 169, Iron Man 1, Cap 100, etc, that are common in HG) and books

like FF 59 and DD24 that just turned up in quantity by coincidence (as surrounding issues are not

as common).