• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC: Which artists do (Quality) Con Sketches?

54 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Here's a list of artists who are going to be in "Artist Ally" at NYCC

http://nycc11.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_results.cfm?type=pavilion&pavilion=ARTC

I'm new so I'm still getting to know artists, and I don't know which artists do quality sketches at conventions. I'd like to compile a list which artists I should be trying to get. If they're a big name but only do quick doodles at Cons I'm not really going for that. I do want the artist to be published, but beyond that I prefer quality work over big names.

Jim Cheung is an obvious choice and my highest priority for the Con. If I can score a sketch from him it will make my entire trip huge win. I have a gentleman who's offering assistance (and thank you!).

But if for some reason that doesn't work out I'd like to have contingency plans in place for alternate artists. And who knows, I may get more than one. :)

So who's going that's published and does really good con sketches?

Michael Dooney does nice work, great value. Mahmud Asrar did a sketch for me that is being picked up at NYCC, is fantastic. I'm a big fan of Joe Benitez and Gabriel Hardman too.

There are a lot of good artists to choose from...not an easy choice!

Michael Dooney does nice work, great value. Mahmud Asrar did a sketch for me that is being picked up at NYCC, is fantastic. I'm a big fan of Joe Benitez and Gabriel Hardman too.

The storm one or the lady deadpool one I saw on the blog? I got a jean grey one done by asrar to be picked up at nycc

The storm one or the lady deadpool one I saw on the blog? I got a jean grey one done by asrar to be picked up at nycc

It's not a sketch cover, just a standard 11x14 commission sketch. I've been shifting to those rather than covers, but that's personal choice.

He did the Black Widow for me, it's on his blog and deviantart page.

Oh, Sara Richard does great stuff too!