• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does it make any difference... if someone is trying to 'assemble a book?'

22 posts in this topic

Yes, I traded a Miller DD page for a couple of Hairsine pages. Pages 6 and 22

Page 22 is particularly striking, no wonder you were anxious to have it included.

But a Miller DD page in exchange? OutRAGEous. He must have felt he had license to 'let his fingers do the walking' through your whole collection.

Here's hoping the Bad Karma Bug comes and gits him.

Andrew

The seller bought both Hairsine pages a couple of months before I contacted him directly from the art dealer for $400-500, I don't remember exactly. The Miller DD page was worth $1,500-2000, so it was a deal with 300-400% difference.

As you said, the worst part was that the seller felt the power of the situation, and he enjoyed doing power games. He really enjoyed it!

He didn't like anything from my collection that I was willing to part with, so instead of accepting an offer in cash of 200% or more from the cash he paid and buy whatever he wished, he had me losing lots of my time asking friends if they would accept a third-party deal.

Many months later, finally the seller liked that DD Miller page from a friend who accepted a page from my collection, a NM page by Sienkiewicz from the Demon Bear arc, pages that you don't find in the market anymore, no matter the price.

My only consolation is that this seller is also trying to complete an issue but the owner of the pages he needs is not selling them at any price. Call it karma...