• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday November 20

11 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hours: 10am to 4pm

Admission: $3

Location: Ramada Philadelphia Airport, 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029

Parking: Free on-site

Comic and Collectibles

Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles!

- Golden Age Comics

- Silver Age Comics

- Bronze Age Comics

- Modern Comics and the Latest Issues

- Original Artwork

- Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers

- DVDs

- Japanese Manga

- Toys and Action Figures

- Statues and Busts

- Non-Sportscards

Special Guests

Billy Tucci - creator of Shi, writer-artist of Sgt. Rock: The Lost Battalion

Rick Leonardi - artist on Uncanny X-men, Cloak and Dagger, Spider-man 2099, and more!

Rob Feldman - creator of the online comic Dr. Shroud! www.DrShroud.com

Door Prizes

Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am! Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win. You must be present to win.

Directions

The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport, 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA

From the South - Take I-95 North to Exit 8 (Ridley Park). Merge onto South Stewart Ave. At the light, turn LEFT onto Industrial Highway. The Ramada is on

the RIGHT side.

From the North - Take I-95 South to Exit 9A (Essington). Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave). Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway. The Ramada is on the LEFT

side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

For Information or Dealers' Tables

Phone: (856) 217-5737

Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com

Official Website: www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

Next Show

To Be Announced

It was great to see some big names artists this time. Nice job Derek getting Billy Tucci and Rick Leonardi. (thumbs u

Rick Leonardi has always been one of my favorite artists. Daredevil 249 was one of the 1st X-Men comics I read as a kid. The story with Wolverine and Daredevil fighting over how to deal with a serial killer of mutants really influence my love of comics.

He signed my childhood copy and drew a sketch cover that was a cover swipe of that issue (If you want to see the original cover click on my registry set). However, instead of Daredevil I asked for Sabretooth instead. Here is a pick, and if you haven't read DD 249, it's well worth the dollar bin dive to read it. (thumbs u

WolverinevsSabretoothDD249swipeRickLeonardi-Copy.jpg

Thanks to everyone for coming out to another great show! There was a full room with a lot of great books for sale. And it was great to see so many boardies in attendance! Next show will be on Sunday January 15, 2012.