• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

This is quite silly.

The mods, if they wanted to, could have locked this down a long time ago. It's obviously not going to get locked unless someone mentions Hitler.

As long as no one mentions Hitler, this thread will just continue on and on with useless posts and half-nekkid women pics.

Someone please mention Hitler and let's get this thread shut down.

Even Hitler would be happy if the thread got either deleted or locked.

Hitler just wants it to stop!!! :frustrated:

Umm....no.

But almost.

(tsk)

I fear to post this. For if this, the finest piece of Western Music ever written, resides here the Mods may decide to selectively delete posts and leave this thread infinitely alive.

Mozart is magnificent but I have always been more of a Bach guy.

:foryou:

Brandenburg concertos, Toccato and Fugue in D minor and everything else that boy had a hand in.

OK, I'm a sucker for Vivaldi too.

:pullhair:

Mozart is perfect. Bach isn't. I prefer imperfect because it reflects our imperfect humanity.

Don't worry. I faked it.

You can't fake beauty. Take the time to listen. You will never be the same again.

I don't know. Ludwig's E sounds a bit flat.

lol

POV, he never did know how to finish a sentence.

As far as Sitar playing goes, I'm hooked up with an Indian blooded woman.

She loves it.

Pipe down you guys!

I can't hear the animosity simmering between not sure and Transman!

:sumo:

I am multitasking and reading a book that is way more interesting than anyone I have on ignore anyway..

I got an entire stack of comic book related books at the thrift store today and I am checking them out ..looking at this here thread..

but please post Woogie..you I like..

This is quite silly.

The mods, if they wanted to, could have locked this down a long time ago. It's obviously not going to get locked unless someone mentions Hitler.

As long as no one mentions Hitler, this thread will just continue on and on with useless posts and half-nekkid women pics.

Umm....no.

But almost.

(tsk)

I fear to post this. For if this, the finest piece of Western Music ever written, resides here the Mods may decide to selectively delete posts and leave this thread infinitely alive.

Brandenburg concertos, Toccato and Fugue in D minor and everything else that boy had a hand in.

Mozart is perfect. Bach isn't. I prefer imperfect because it reflects our imperfect humanity.

In western Music I prefer only specific pieces: Mozart's Requiem actually IS my favorite. It is transcendental.

But my favorite music is the Classical North Indian. 80-90% improvised yet improvsed within such a structure that the slightest mistake is immediately perceived.

Aside form my teacher, one of my favorites is Asad Ali KHan, who passed away just a few months ago.

Here is a short sample of his playing covering slow, fast and composition with drum. This performance lasted about an hour, so the clip is quite limited. But to the Western ear it is usually more than enough.

(yes, this is the instrument I study)

This is quite silly.

Umm....no.

But almost.

(tsk)

In western Music I prefer only specific pieces: Mozart's Requiem actually IS my favorite. It is transcendental.

But my favorite music is the Classical North Indian. 80-90% improvised yet improvsed within such a structure that the slightest mistake is immediately perceived.

Aside form my teacher, one of my favorites is Asad Ali KHan, who passed away just a few months ago.

Here is a short sample of his playing covering slow, fast and composition with drum. This performance lasted about an hour, so the clip is quite limited. But to the Western ear it is usually more than enough.

(yes, this is the instrument I study)

RMA better show up soon or you will beat him at the whole nested quotes thing

Okay, good night for real. :hi:

May the forces that be, please take care of this thread. :wishluck:

aww stay up with us.. :baiting: sleep is for losers

No, let him go. Another fallen comrade! beesurrender.gif

Soon it will only be the slow and pokey West coasters left.

:baiting:

(me poking Pov)

Okay, good night for real. :hi:

May the forces that be, please take care of this thread. :wishluck:

aww stay up with us.. :baiting: sleep is for losers

No, let him go. Another fallen comrade! beesurrender.gif

Soon it will only be the slow and pokey West coasters left.

:baiting:

(me poking Pov)

I was just thinking that here, we West Coasters have the advantage. Only 10:11PM now!

Oh - RMA has no real quote skills. One must go into a complex quote, dissect that which is necessary, and present a perfect set of quotes. RMA tends to blast with a huge, painfully simply, full quote.

Exactly! You West coasters have it easy. Us East coasters are constantly dragging your lazy asses through the day and night. BUT YOU NEVER CATCH UP!

:makepoint:

I have made many many many posts here. Yet you lazy- East Coasters donl;t even bother to quote to what post you are responding?

My god, I am SO glad I moved from Boston in 1999!

:makepoint::makepoint:

Exactly! You West coasters have it easy. Us East coasters are constantly dragging your lazy asses through the day and night. BUT YOU NEVER CATCH UP!

:makepoint:

I have made many many many posts here. Yet you lazy- East Coasters donl;t even bother to quote to what post you are responding?

My god, I am SO glad I moved from Boston in 1999!

:makepoint::makepoint:

I was saving you the embarrassment of quoting your faux pas above when you replied to two posts made by two different posters in one response. SHEESH!

C-ralph2-1.jpg