• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desert Wind Comics - General Feedback

33 posts in this topic

By the way, if you used fast track for NYCC your books have been graded.

CGC worked last Saturday to get some books done.

I just got my grades over the phone and am very happy.

When they arrive I will see if the signature placements / ink requests were as requested.

Thanks for all the feedback etc and the experience you guys have had with Desert Winds, my concern was not about them being done by CGC it is just two questions that were puzzling me since I have submitted them to Desert Wind. I understand that during conventions CGC gets swamped but my concern was with Desert Wind because they still have not processed payment on the items that were sent in to them when the books were submitted (and I aware that all depends on banks, etc) but a month is just a little odd for me and then the other issue is that I have received and corresponded with both Chandler and Sharon and have gotten crossed information with Chandler saying that they would email me the invoice so I could check status of them two weeks ago (and still have not received the invoice) to Sharon thinking I had dropped them off at the booth and when she reread the email she said she apologized but she misread the information and would get me the invoice very shortly (which was last week) and still have not received the invoice to check the status of them. So hope everyone understands I would not bad mouth any company and do not want this post to turn into a negative shout towards this company just those two issues were just odd to me and usually when i get the odd feeling I get concerned something is up.

Sharon responds fairly quick & even offers to check on books in the CGC queue & even fix CGC mislabels on books that I have gotten back.

The conventions should be winding down, but overall I think it will still take a while for books to get processed across the board from all the facilitators. Also keep in mind that multiple conventions LBCC & Comickaze? just happened.

ALL of the facilitators are running arround like crazy during a convention, imagine doing conventions back to back.

Also keep in mind the sheer volume of books. I am still waiting on books from April granted they are economy, but I do know they have been signed & are sitting at CGC

June 10th economies are shipping now. FYI

Yeah my thing is that I got multi sigs on the books So there is no way of knowing when to start the 3-4 month wait. This is when you get multiple copies kicked off for different signatures at different shows with different facilitators & wait. Don't even get me started on mislabels either, but Sharon is good in helping me out in getting the books back to CGC to get them corrected.

UXmen56NealAdams.jpgXmen56Thomas.jpgUXmen112ClaremontLayton.jpgXmen112_Perez9.2.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback etc and the experience you guys have had with Desert Winds, my concern was not about them being done by CGC it is just two questions that were puzzling me since I have submitted them to Desert Wind. I understand that during conventions CGC gets swamped but my concern was with Desert Wind because they still have not processed payment on the items that were sent in to them when the books were submitted (and I aware that all depends on banks, etc) but a month is just a little odd for me and then the other issue is that I have received and corresponded with both Chandler and Sharon and have gotten crossed information with Chandler saying that they would email me the invoice so I could check status of them two weeks ago (and still have not received the invoice) to Sharon thinking I had dropped them off at the booth and when she reread the email she said she apologized but she misread the information and would get me the invoice very shortly (which was last week) and still have not received the invoice to check the status of them. So hope everyone understands I would not bad mouth any company and do not want this post to turn into a negative shout towards this company just those two issues were just odd to me and usually when i get the odd feeling I get concerned something is up.

LongShot,

Q&A for 1

All of my transactions with DWC are billed to my credit card after I receive the books back from CGC, usually less than a week after books arrive to me slabbed.

Q&A for 2

Chandler and Sharon have had 3 Conventions/ signings in less than 1 month with hundreds of emails and prob the same amount of face to face visits. One can only imagine how information may get crossed, it happens. The best thing I can offer is, just be patient it will work out. Or try calling them: 702-592-4792. to get the info you need.

Hope this helps

Also keep in mind the sheer volume of books. I am still waiting on books from April granted they are economy, but I do know they have been signed & are sitting at CGC

June 10th economies are shipping now. FYI

Yeah my thing is that I got multi sigs on the books So there is no way of knowing when to start the 3-4 month wait. This is when you get multiple copies kicked off for different signatures at different shows with different facilitators & wait. Don't even get me started on mislabels either, but Sharon is good in helping me out in getting the books back to CGC to get them corrected.

UXmen56NealAdams.jpgXmen56Thomas.jpgUXmen112ClaremontLayton.jpgXmen112_Perez9.2.jpg

thanks for the explanation on what multi sigs mean. As an SS newbie, i'm still learning.

Ziamere hit the nail on the head. The majority of us want instant gratification especially when it comes to the things we love. I am guilty of that myself, I have been bothering both DWC and GAC about status of books that I sent in.

Truthfully, I haven't witness the struggles facilitators/witness goes through getting things signed for us. Things must have been hectic considering the recent con schedule.

I do apologize for any unintentional negative vibes. I do act like a little kid when it comes to comics, trolling the forum for updates on opps and have made purchases that I later on went...hmmm should I have done that.

I have submitted many times through DWC for various signatures at many different conventions. Each time the books were signed just as requested and the grades have been great so they do handle with care. Chandler and Sharon have also both witnessed for me while I was at conventions like SDCC and they have always been helpful.

Sometimes it can take a while to get a response via email and I have had to resend an inquiry a time or two but that's something I completely get now after seeing their travel schedule and understanding the volume of submissions that they deal with.

My very first Signature Series book came from my first DWC experience...

I heard about CGC and found the boards here where I read and researched in awe daily. One day I stumbled upon a thread for a Stan Lee signing via DWC and had mentioned to my girlfriend how cool it was that you could send in your own book like that. Well she took note and contacted DWC about getting a book signed for my birthday. So with very little time they walked her through the process, made arrangements for the comic she was buying to be sent directly to them, fast tracked it and had it back to her in time for it to be one of the best birthday presents I have ever received. :cloud9:

My first submission through DWC was for Bogdanove sigs at LBCC. Books were submitted to CGC on Nov. 2nd. I've had both good and bad submission experiences with other witnesses throughout the years but so far I have no complaints with DWC. A little delay on email response but not terrible. So far, I would have to recommend them.

I have submitted many times through DWC for various signatures at many different conventions. Each time the books were signed just as requested and the grades have been great so they do handle with care. Chandler and Sharon have also both witnessed for me while I was at conventions like SDCC and they have always been helpful.

Sometimes it can take a while to get a response via email and I have had to resend an inquiry a time or two but that's something I completely get now after seeing their travel schedule and understanding the volume of submissions that they deal with.

I heard about CGC and found the boards here where I read and researched in awe daily. One day I stumbled upon a thread for a Stan Lee signing via DWC and had mentioned to my girlfriend how cool it was that you could send in your own book like that. Well she took note and contacted DWC about getting a book signed for my birthday. So with very little time they walked her through the process, made arrangements for the comic she was buying to be sent directly to them, fast tracked it and had it back to her in time for it to be one of the best birthday presents I have ever received. :cloud9:

you gots a keeper! what was the book? pics?

you gots a keeper! what was the book? pics?

Thanks! The book was a Marvel Milestone ASM #1. She has been great about my growing addiction, encouraging me to go ahead and just buy the book I really want or working non-stop with me at conventions. :angel:

Here's that book,

ScannedImage-10-1.jpg