• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Newbie Playground

52 posts in this topic

I think every comic collection stinks until it has a copy of Groo the Wanderer #1 in it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, FFB, I knew there was a reason we worked together so well.......... 27_laughing.gif

groo.jpg

I'm more of a collector, then a comic reader. They have never seemed like a good read to me. I prefer to read novels. But, I really like collecting comics... so I have been chasing VF and NM copies.

Hey Ed hi.gif I think it's great when us new guys come on board, but I think it's a shame that you don't like to read your comics. confused.gif Do you collect novels as well?

Great work Mr Positive thumbsup2.gif I'm sure you and I really are on the same wavelength. smile.gif

I suspect Mr. Positive should have named this the Newbie Welcome Center.......I think his basic idea was good. "Playground" is a bit insulting, but it's obvious we have a lot of newer members who can really contribute to the dialog. The boards need infusions of new blood on a regular basis, and new opinions. Otherwise we are going to develop a case of Hardening of the Attitudes. I hope the older guard is sensitive to becoming too jaded.

It would be nice if the playground continued to evolve from a kind of "screening center" to a place were folks an introduce themselves. Keep it up guys! Welcome!

893applaud-thumb.gif

So it's 11:00 pm here on Tuesday night. Just for kicks cause it's kinda slow right now, I decide to see who is only, not many regulars. I scroll down to some of the lurkers and to my surprise I see most of the are checking out people's profiles. Talk about ultimate peeping-tom's. Come on you lurkers read some of the threads, announce yourselves!!

494505-online.jpg

494505-online.jpg.79c77acdbaae63c2c3f849ba53e4aef0.jpg

I am with you Redhook. Very well-put post!

CAL hi.gif

ps. I hope that anonymous user that was reading the "Opinion on the Iron Man/Subby # 1 book" likes the issue! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

bumpit.gif I am going to contact Mr. Positive and see if I can talk him into coming back and re-opening the newbie welcome center. Seems like the thing to do in these gentler times. flowerred.gif
Hopefully you remained on good speaking terms with him. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Whatever it is...it's almost two years old.

uhhh...i know? confused-smiley-013.gif

hey, 'lok, mentally change the is in my post above to was please, when reading.

better, Red?

flowerred.gif