• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Posts are you most likely to ignore completely?

Which post are you most likely to ignore?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which post are you most likely to ignore?

28 posts in this topic

I'm a little surprised "grade my ([!@#%^&^])" is ranking so high, although I agree with it. I rarely look at the "grading and restoration" thread anymore because "grade this" and "grade that" threads are all anyone posts there anymore; all the actual threads about grading get dumped onto the general forum.

I don't find those "grade my book" threads very useful...grading scans is really tough unless they're HUGE and the poster describes all defects in text with absolute clarity, yet this almost never happens.

I rarely look at the "grading and restoration" thread anymore because "grade this" and "grade that" threads are all anyone posts there anymore; all the actual threads about grading get dumped onto the general forum.

When we were discussing making a Grading and Restoration section I initially bridled at it because I feld that a place to grade books and a place to discuss restoration should be seperate. I iwsh I had pushed harder for a seperate Resto section.

When we were discussing making a Grading and Restoration section I initially bridled at it because I feld that a place to grade books and a place to discuss restoration should be seperate. I iwsh I had pushed harder for a seperate Resto section.

Yea I was thinking about that a few weeks ago...who knew the volume of those things would quintuple!!! foreheadslap.gif Back when the forum was created, there were more general grading discussion threads than "grade this book" threads, but that's really changed of late.

Yea I was thinking about that a few weeks ago...who knew the volume of those things would quintuple!!! foreheadslap.gif Back when the forum was created, there were more general grading discussion threads than "grade this book" threads, but that's really changed of late.

I hear that. A Grade my YX #7 can be useful if explicit reasons for the grade are given, but often (and I confess to selling out and doing this myself) just a "9.0" or "7.5" are given. So you end up with just someone's opinion of the grade but with no explanation for it (and YES - there are some folks who DO explain their reasoning). Ahh well - I am still hoping for an Off-TARGET 27_laughing.gif thread and maybe, after that, e could have a seperate Grade This Book and Tell Me Why topic.

(Yeah - that will make me real popular!)

I dislike reading the

threads

Yep, they are a real pain.

Agreed.

Amen.

And Amen to the amen!

What can I say....I'm a centrist... cool.gif

You say that every time! 893frustrated.gif

They make me dizzy insane.gif