• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Code Fact Kit? Ever seen this before?

23 posts in this topic

I'm very interested in comic book history and am a collector of all things comics code and SOTI related. Well I recently found this and picked it up. I have never seen it before and was wondering if anyone else has or knows anything about it I'm sure it has to be fairly rare.

Its a really cool look into the mindset in the early 1950's about what comics were doing to the youths...such as the one pamphlet on "comic books and juvenile delinquency."

The whole kit consists of a folding envelope type folder, with 8 pamphlets inside, as well the "new" comic code printed on a piece of paper.

Hard to find or not, its a pretty cool piece of comic history.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

It is a tough one to find. I've been collecting SOTI items for years and have not seen that one before. Thanks for posting!

One of these days I'd like to add a section to the SOTI website (www.SeductionOfTheInnocent.org) on publications of the Code like yours and "Amerciana in Four Colors". If I do so, may I use your photos? Of course, I'd give you credit at the site.

Wow...now I'm more excited than before. I've been lurking threads like these for a while now and to hear that a few of you that have been hunting this stuff out for a long time have never seen it....that's pretty cool!

I was just reading through it. A lot of it is laugh out loud funny in a modern day context. It's also scary how much censorship they were going for.

How much did you pay for it Robbie? I would have no problem paying $500 (and in a bidding war with Mark would probably go higher!). :makepoint:

I payed a big $38.85!

We hate you. :sumo:

:hi:

I smell a bidding war.

Come on! Do it! There's never any real drama over here in GA. :devil:

How much did you pay for it Robbie? I would have no problem paying $500 (and in a bidding war with Mark would probably go higher!). :makepoint:

I payed a big $38.85!

We hate you. :sumo:

:hi:

I smell a bidding war.

Come on! Do it! There's never any real drama over here in GA. :devil:

I'll bid $40.01!

Jack

I payed a big $38.85!

Did you buy it on eBay?

I'm assuming Mark has already PM'd you with a substantial offer. Be careful - he's a LAWYER! lol:foryou:

I payed a big $38.85!

Did you buy it on eBay?

I'm assuming Mark has already PM'd you with a substantial offer. Be careful - he's a LAWYER! lol:foryou:

Nope no offers...

Don't think I'd sell it. Not until I learn more about its origin anyway

I bought it off of some site called yardsellr.com. I figured there was a risk of actually getting it, but I figured at $40 it was worth a shot.