• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original & Production Art For Sale!!

41 posts in this topic

Tonight I will be posting some original pencil & ink art as well as color production pieces featuring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

These pieces were purchased directly from one of the artists involved in producing the projects, Frank McLaughlin. He worked with Gil Fox on these and they both ended up with portions of the artwork.

I accept first unconditional :takeit: via post or PM, timestamp wins. Payment due within 7 days unless arranged before "I'll Take It". I accept Paypal, checks, MOs(sorry no International money orders). Please do not edit "I'll Take It" posts. PM offers do not remove items from being available unless noted.

Shipping in US is $8 for 1st, $2 for each additional piece, PM for international quote.

First up....

The Incredible Shrinking Turtles A Storybook Adventure

Here is a picture of the 32 page book published by Random House in 1990 and a sample of the inside pages (in color)

ist.JPGistinside.JPG

Starting now with pencil & ink interior pages.....

IST Page 7 $40 measures 11x14.5"

ist7.JPG

Ok, next up is color production art. These pages were produced by taking the original pencil art(like the previous pieces) and making a black line acetate overlay with airbrushed color on board. The overlay and board are wrapped in cello plastic to keep them together and you may see some evidence of it due to camera flash. Another source says the acetate is the original brushed art, Frank McLaughlin seems to remember the pencil/ink being the first phase but is not sure what happened to the b&w pages of these following pieces.

These are a very cool version of the finished art with nice vivid colors!

Return of the Shredder A Storybook Adventure

Here is a picture of the 32 page book published by Random House in 1990.

rots.JPG