• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending of an Auction

4 posts in this topic

Which one is worth more to me?

Later today one of the books I have been wanting for a seriously long time will be ending on eBay. I checked the going bid an hour before my shift ended and found that Daredevil #168 in a 9.8 is going for $504.00 with a half a day left to go. I would have placed a bid since I lost the piece of artwork but there is something else that I want..... and I think I want it more than this.

It will be another five days before h auction closes and I am currently the high bidder. I expect this to change within two days. At this time I will have to refrain from taking the bid back over until the last moments. Unlike eBay I will not be able to win but I hope my bid will be enough to give another person pause and humble bow out.

I have checked the book on the GPA, but it has been a while since this book sold in this caliber. I have an idea what i want to pay for it, which could be a lot more than it is worth but then again if I pay that much for it isn't it worth that amount. Could this be considered a paradox. If I win this it will be the last book of the year, provided one of the remaining New Mutants don't surface that I need.

If I lose that means I will have a bit more money in my account and do I squirrel that away for some other purchase or find some last minute thing to bid on. I still have to pay off Comics to Astonish for two more books, and my father for the small loan he gave me to insure my comics, and a few frames I want to get for some artwork (I love Evil Inc.) I will also have the full month of December to budget for the coming year my CGC collection. If anyone has any ideas I am all set to listen.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

PS. You still have 3 and half days to bid on Action Comics #1

See more journals by Tnerb

"At this time I will have to refrain from taking the bid back over until the last moments"

What does this mean? You plan to back out and pull your bid at the last minute?? The way I read your post you found something nicer than DD 168 and want to pull you bid at the last minute? Please tell me this is a typo?

Allow me to explain....especially when it always seems so clear to me. This is not so much as a typo as much as it is an incomplete thought process. I have never backed out on a bid. I am still the high bidder. I feel that someone will out bid me by later tonight (28th) or tomorrow (29th) (hence why I said "I expect this will change within two days") and I wish to refrain from bidding again so soon (I should have mentioned taking the high bid back over rather than "the bid back over until the last moments").

I find that when I lose the winning bid I tend to try again to get that winning bid back immediately not taking into consideration the thought process of the alternate bidder. This gives the opposition time to bid higher with a longer thought process.

As far as the DD #168 I did not bid on that at all. I was afraid that if I did and I won this other book I am being secretive about would be out of my financial means to bid on. People have mentioned about their holy grail's and I dare say this is one of mine....both the DD and the Misc.

Tnerb

PS. I hope that clears your questions up.

Allow me to explain....especially when it always seems so clear to me. This is not so much as a typo as much as it is an incomplete thought process. I have never backed out on a bid. I am still the high bidder. I feel that someone will out bid me by later tonight (28th) or tomorrow (29th) (hence why I said "I expect this will change within two days") and I wish to refrain from bidding again so soon (I should have mentioned taking the high bid back over rather than "the bid back over until the last moments").

I find that when I lose the winning bid I tend to try again to get that winning bid back immediately not taking into consideration the thought process of the alternate bidder. This gives the opposition time to bid higher with a longer thought process.

As far as the DD #168 I did not bid on that at all. I was afraid that if I did and I won this other book I am being secretive about would be out of my financial means to bid on. People have mentioned about their holy grail's and I dare say this is one of mine....both the DD and the Misc.

Tnerb

PS. I hope that clears your questions up.

Yes, things are more clear...