• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Y: The Last Man DC Vertigo Comics

77 posts in this topic

YTLM is the greatest modern read period.

Debatable. (tsk) ESPECIALLY if you consider Sandman to be a modern book.

YTLM is a fantastic series, though. And it's one of those that is great for reeling in people who don't normally read comics.

If not the greatest modern, then at least the critics' majority pick for best book of the aughts (2000-2009). An old thread from Modern:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=181035&Number=3713612#Post3713612

And the original link:

http://hudsonphillips.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/best-comics-of-the-decade/

Count me as a big fan! (thumbs u

I could get behind best of the oughts. But not best modern. Sandman beyond Season of Mists and Preacher are both better. But Y is great. I enjoyed Y more than WD, which is saying something.

Y is my favorite, but objectively, I understand why SANDMAN would be considered the best modern. Love PREACHER as well, but consider that even with Y.

EX MACHINA is definitely worth reading for anyone into BKV/YTLM. Looking forward to his new creator-owned series from Image.

I am on the 4th trade of Ex-Machina and it is great. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Starting TPB #7. Hoping to be done with all 10 by tomorrow.

That makes me jealous as there is nothing better than reading a great series for the first time. :cloud9:

I will have to break out my books and read them again.

+1

Just wrapped up book 10. Wow this was a great series. Don't know how anyone reading this during the actual print run of it could hold of month to month for the next issue.

One of the best TPBs I have ever read. Now to go and finish reading all the Invicible trades I sat aside to read Y instead this week. :)

Just wrapped up book 10. Wow this was a great series. Don't know how anyone reading this during the actual print run of it could hold of month to month for the next issue.

I couldn't agree more, that would of drove me nuts having to wait.

I would have liked some better art. The thought the premise and series was brillant.

hm

I thought the art was pretty solid throughout.

FB is just very hard to please. :gossip:

My Craigslist / Garage Sale drought has ended...

harvest aplenty...

(all from one seller, for one great price)

Y The Last Man 1 - 10

6454677079_aa2fa389b4_z.jpg

Y The Last Man 11 - 20

6454677147_1001be6386_z.jpg

Y The Last Man 21 - 29

6454677217_c74dff7ac8_z.jpg

Y The Last Man 31 - 37 (plus NYX 3)

6454677297_22c8d54093_z.jpg

Looks like I will be sending something in for the Image Con after all...

YTLM 1 - 3 will be on their way to joeypost shortly...

I would have liked some better art. The thought the premise and series was brillant.

hm

I thought the art was pretty solid throughout.

FB is just very hard to please. :gossip:

Nothing wrong with standards. meh

I grew up on Byrne, Golden, Perez, Lee, and Starlin.

Absolutely nothing wrong with standards. I have just not seen you completely enjoy a book yet.

Absolutely nothing wrong with standards. I have just not seen you completely enjoy a book yet.

Hey now, he did enjoy that dreadful 'Breed title. :baiting:

Hey now, he did enjoy that dreadful 'Breed title. :baiting:

Bah (tsk)

I love Breed, MG, WD (I have grown to enjoy the art over time), Vault, JLA, Batgirl, Batman, Aquaman, Hack/Slash(Seeley) and Catwoman currently. Sadly I like Green Arrow & Sucide Squad too, but I think it will get the axe first.I liked to be wowed when I pay $3-4 for book these days or at least some suspense.

I hated Animal Man and am not a fan of WW or Chew either as Jeff knows well.