• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

time to give back

114 posts in this topic

Instead of giving the books to someone who can afford to buy or acquire signed books on their own, why don't you give them to someone who truly appreciates the SS program and doesn't have the ability to acquire books for themselves?
I thought this was a popularity contest?

Instead of giving the books to someone who can afford to buy or acquire signed books on their own, why don't you give them to someone who truly appreciates the SS program and doesn't have the ability to acquire books for themselves?

I thought about that Jim, but how would I determine who could and couldn't afford it?

Feel free to pick 4 people then. Just let me know where to send the books.

My 1st thought is the new Batman 58 blanks that were sold recently in Germany limited to 333? I can do 2 of those. Or if preferred a couple WD SS. Not overly tough sigs but they're fun. :)

What do you think?

And as far as nominations I have to break e rules a little here and go with 3.

I'm sure I've driven Joe completely nuts this year. Every SS book I get back has 'love JJ' written in the corner. Rich just rocks although he owes me a SS Zoomies. :taptaptap:

Thanks to everyone though. It's been a great year!

Whatever you want to give. Very generous of you whatever you decide. Might be fun to make it a surprise. I'll give this the weekend and mail my books monday.

A surprise. Good idea. Just let me know where I'm sending them. (thumbs u

Probably Batman blanks. Sketch seekers unite! :gossip:

First - thanks for doing this - it's a wonderful idea!!!

My first is JJ - he was the reason I joined the boards (to get in on a Mahnke opp) and ever since my first post has been a great help, whether it be at a con or via PM...

Second is for Andrew (GACollectibles) - he has helped my collection grow by leaps and bounds offering incredible opportunities and takes so much time to communicate about them every step of the way and go out of his way to try to get books and sketches done...

Third is for Mike (MrMylar) who has offered some great sketch opps to the board and helped me out witnessing in Chicago this year. I've also seen him at work when he was laying the groundwork for the Mico Suayan opp and he is a great ambassador for the program.

Fourth is for Adonis (GodOfThunder) as he's doing an incredible job offering some great sketch opps on the boards...

Four choices were difficult - there are a lot of great folks on the boards who help others out!

Brian, a few people for consideration:

* My hat's off to seanfingh for his rabid passion for the SS hobby. He has been an infinite source of valuable feedback and wasn't afraid to jump in and deal with participating in the process. Jackson Bostwick's beware.

* Joel Elad- The Left Coaster With The Moster. Joel's professionalism and always pleasant demeanor make him a joy to work with.

*Harley Troy- Troy's unabashed passion for obscure SS opps is been a welcome motivation

*mschmidt- Focused and knowledgeable, an absolute pleasure to work with.

In the CGC/CAW side I can't say enough about the others involved, it's hardly fair to single out any of the following peeps: JoeP, The JJ, Jeter, BK, Gemma, Bree, Nicole, Cosmo, Ryan, Joe Jr., Mike, Eric, my local CAWs Dick Pontoon & Dug, and anyone else I am forgetting at this moment(sorry!).

Honorable Mentions to wasonff (NYCC wouldn't have happened w/o you & mschmidt), Rich Henn, Buck Biggins, DWC, NYComics, Adonis, Dhurley & EvilAsh for their opps and work this year as well.

It's been a great year and I wish everyone involved receives the Kudos they deserve. (worship)

Brian, a few people for consideration:

* My hat's off to seanfingh for his rabid passion for the SS hobby. He has been an infinite source of valuable feedback and wasn't afraid to jump in and deal with participating in the process. Jackson Bostwick's beware.

* Joel Elad- The Left Coaster With The Moster. Joel's professionalism and always pleasant demeanor make him a joy to work with.

*Harley Troy- Troy's unabashed passion for obscure SS opps is been a welcome motivation

*mschmidt- Focused and knowledgeable, an absolute pleasure to work with.

In the CGC/CAW side I can't say enough about the others involved, it's hardly fair to single out any of the following peeps: JoeP, The JJ, Jeter, BK, Gemma, Bree, Nicole, Cosmo, Ryan, Joe Jr., Mike, Eric, my local CAWs Dick Pontoon & Dug, and anyone else I am forgetting at this moment(sorry!).

Honorable Mentions to wasonff (NYCC wouldn't have happened w/o you & mschmidt), Rich Henn, Buck Biggins, DWC, NYComics, Adonis, Dhurley & EvilAsh for their opps and work this year as well.

It's been a great year and I wish everyone involved receives the Kudos they deserve. (worship)

Way to narrow it down. (thumbs u

I wanted to give back, even if my own f-ed up way.

Yeah, thanks.

The only people you left out of the list were Borock (who's gone) and me (still here :censored: ), you were closer to thanking Dahmer for the great recipes. :slapfight:

I wanted to give back, even if my own f-ed up way.

Yeah, thanks.

The only people you left out of the list were Borock (who's gone) and me (still here :censored: ), you were closer to thanking Dahmer for the great recipes. :slapfight:

don't feel bad, i'm left out of every list. It's a what have you done for me lately world :)

Well, it was related to 2011.

I guess that foot massage at Chicago wasn't good enough? :cry:

You paying JoeP to rub my feet actually got you removed from the list.

Well, it was related to 2011.

I guess that foot massage at Chicago wasn't good enough? :cry:

You paying JoeP to rub my feet actually got you removed from the list.

He's got the softest hands, handling slabs all day is a wonderful exfoliator.