• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct Edition VS News-Stand Barcode!!

8 posts in this topic

One of the things I always wondered and I didn't see in any of the old threads

was does anyone ever think that there will be a value difference between LCS Direct Edition

or the Barcode issues that you get outside of the LCS?

You would think down the line that the Barcode editions would be worth more because

a better condition comic that may of went through harder conditions outside of the LCS

(spinner racks, bad shelf placment etc etc) that the issues that have been cared for inside

the LCS.

Spidey Head VS Bar Code, you tell me? confused-smiley-013.gif

was does anyone ever think that there will be a value difference between LCS Direct Edition

You would think down the line that the Barcode editions would be worth more because

a better condition comic that may of went through harder conditions outside of the LCS

(spinner racks, bad shelf placment etc etc) that the issues that have been cared for inside

the LCS.

The vast majority of people don't care. In the early days of the direct market, newsstand versions outnumbered direct market versions by a very large margin, even allowing for returns. As the direct market expanded and newsstand distribution shrank, it eventually got to the point where the opposite was true. But all in all, most people are just happy to get either a newsstand or a direct version of any given comic in nice shape. There are a few books where there are (or were) different prices listed in the guide for newsstand vs. direct market copies. Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 comes to mind as one where there used to be different price values in some guides, although Overstreet's current guide simply indicates that both versions exist, and are worth the same.

the LCS.

The vast majority of people don't care. In the early days of the direct market, newsstand versions outnumbered direct market versions by a very large margin, even allowing for returns. As the direct market expanded and newsstand distribution shrank, it eventually got to the point where the opposite was true. But all in all, most people are just happy to get either a newsstand or a direct version of any given comic in nice shape. There are a few books where there are (or were) different prices listed in the guide for newsstand vs. direct market copies. Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 comes to mind as one where there used to be different price values in some guides, although Overstreet's current guide simply indicates that both versions exist, and are worth the same.

Cool info thanx.

Oh by the by,

now that I have joined the blue t-shirt poss'e now what? grin.gif

the LCS.

Cool info thanx.

Oh by the by,

It is its own reward. Go forth and spread the evil. We shall not rest until EVERY avatar is remade in our image. devil.gif

the LCS.

Cool info thanx.

Oh by the by,

It is its own reward. Go forth and spread the evil. We shall not rest until EVERY avatar is remade in our image. devil.gif

Come On your talking to the devil avatar here!!

Evil is middle name!! grin.gif

There are a few books where there are (or were) different prices listed in the guide for newsstand vs. direct market copies. Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 comes to mind as one where there used to be different price values in some guides, although Overstreet's current guide simply indicates that both versions exist, and are worth the same.

The mid-90s X-Men titles DM and newsstand "Deluxe" experiment are broken out in OS with different prices.

Jim

There are a few books where there are (or were) different prices listed in the guide for newsstand vs. direct market copies. Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 comes to mind as one where there used to be different price values in some guides, although Overstreet's current guide simply indicates that both versions exist, and are worth the same.

The mid-90s X-Men titles DM and newsstand "Deluxe" experiment are broken out in OS with different prices.

Jim

silveravatar.jpg

You can't get away from it. It's bigger than the both of us. 893naughty-thumb.gif

There has been discussion before on the value of ASM 194 - I believe, and others do as well, that the newstand version:

spidey194.jpg

is much harder to find in grade.