• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oregon books

47 posts in this topic

This thread needs pictures!

I echo Brian in that this really was an incredible collection. Only getting three books makes me sad, I wanted so many more.

My original post was saying that under other circumstances many of these 7.5's and 8.0's would never reach some of the prices we saw, but as a collection they were very much sought after.

Here is one that I got, census highest, WHITE pages, yada yada :shy:

jo31cgc.jpg

That's a sharp copy with great colors and PQ. :applause:

I got shut out on everything. :(

Upgrades? Are you back buying HG SA DCs again outside of the Legion Adventure run? hm

The Oregon books included lots of Legion Adventures as well as lots of Legion appearances in various Superman titles. :gossip:

totally agree with Silver that as a collection these achieved, in some cases, shockingly high prices. There definitely was someone out there (or multiple people) interested in chasing down these books.

The collection was in the right place and the right auction...

Upgrades? Are you back buying HG SA DCs again outside of the Legion Adventure run? hm

The Oregon books included lots of Legion Adventures as well as lots of Legion appearances in various Superman titles. :gossip:

Got it. Upgrades from 9.9s to 10.0s. lol

Silver, I was thinking about you when I was putting in my bids for the Jimmy Olsens and how you outbid me for other Jimmy Olsen books in the past. I thought you finished your Jimmy Olsen run? As it turned out I only managed to win only 2 Jimmy Olsens. These books are the most part nicer than even the Toth books!

Silver, I was thinking about you when I was putting in my bids for the Jimmy Olsens and how you outbid me for other Jimmy Olsen books in the past. I thought you finished your Jimmy Olsen run? As it turned out I only managed to win only 2 Jimmy Olsens. These books are the most part nicer than even the Toth books!

I did finish Jimmy (and Lois) but have more than a few issues I would like to upgrade.

Many JO's under #40 can be very hard to find in nice shape, and even then some more than others.

Here is the other JO I bought from the Oregon collection:

jo37cgc.jpg

As nice a 7.0 as you could hope to get, and here is the issues I am upgrading from:

jo37.jpg

Any questions? lol

Silver, thanks for sharing your wins! Great upgrade on the 37! What other Oregon book did you win? I won the Jimmy Olsen #9 and #19, cost me a ton of money but you only live once!

What did the Action 276 go for?

$5500, a relative bargain.

I really thought it was going to go for a lot more and didn`t even bother putting in a "real" bid on it. Still, even if I did, I think whoever won it was prepared to go much much higher.

Got it. Upgrades from 9.9s to 10.0s. lol

I wish. My Adventure run has massive holes, and as far as appearances in other Superman books--fuhgeddaboudit! :(

I won a few.. Superior page quality, bone white back covers, some real stunners.. I was very impressed. CGC did a great job grading the books I won.

Totally agree. Both the Oregons and Northstars seem like CGC really churned out two high quality collections graded accurately. I was also VERY happy with my wins.

Does Comicconnect allow you to see closed items? I can't figure out how. Would be nice if we had a complete list of the books/grades and closing prices.

And to all of you not putting scans up (tsk)

I won a few.. Superior page quality, bone white back covers, some real stunners.. I was very impressed. CGC did a great job grading the books I won.

what did ya get :baiting:

Actions: 256, 273, 274, 277, 287, 293

I was the under bidder on a couple of those...