• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most expensive Sig Series book out there?

33 posts in this topic

For what is out there now, my guess is that it would be one of the 7.5 copies of Amazing Fantasy #15 (there are three of them). GPA for the last non-SS 7.5 was $45K. GPA for the last non-SS 4.5 Captain America Comics #1 was slightly under $35K.

On the other hand, there are much more expensive Captain America Comics #1's out there than there are of Amazing Fantasy #15, so I would have to say it is the book that has the most potential to be the highest priced SS book.

The most expensive SS book boils down to which book had the most value prior to being signed and slabbed. Obviously Captain America 1, Batman 1, and Amazing Fantasy 1 would be the leading candidates.

The interesting question is which book gained the most value by being signed?? Which extremely rare signatures, multi-signed, or one of a kind books are the most valueable?

For example: a 9.9 Killing Joke is a very nice book. The same 9.9 signed by Alan Moore is an amazing, one of a kind book! Another example is a Vampirella 1 signed by Frazetta or signed by Forrest J Ackerman and Jim Warren (which is the only copy signed by Vamp's co-creators). How could someone guage market value? Is it impossible to guage without auctioning these books?

The most expensive SS book boils down to which book had the most value prior to being signed and slabbed. Obviously Captain America 1, Batman 1, and Amazing Fantasy 1 would be the leading candidates.

The interesting question is which book gained the most value by being signed?? Which extremely rare signatures, multi-signed, or one of a kind books are the most valueable?

For example: a 9.9 Killing Joke is a very nice book. The same 9.9 signed by Alan Moore is an amazing, one of a kind book! Another example is a Vampirella 1 signed by Frazetta or signed by Forrest J Ackerman and Jim Warren (which is the only copy signed by Vamp's co-creators). How could someone guage market value? Is it impossible to guage without auctioning these books?

There really is no way to gauge a market value for one of a kind books. Because they won't trade often enough, or be seen enough times to insure that the entirety of the market is involved in the sale thereof. The best anyone can do is try to find the motivated buyers and start brokering a deal based upon desirability, difficulty to obtain etc.

Case in point - I turned down an offer of $3500 for my 9.0 Vampi 1 signed by Frazetta. At the time it was top census. Now there is a 9.4. I am not sure I could get $3500 for it now, but maybe. There is no real "market" for it, because it is the only one (I think). But the fact that it is no longer top census is an important factor.

I turned down $5000 for my Crumb book when there were only two. Now there are 6. I know I couldn't get the same amount of bread for it now, especially since it used to be a 9.8 and now it is a 9.6. :ohnoez: