• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Time No Read - Comic Based Films

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! smile.gif

How are things going in the world of collectables? I'm totally out of the comic collecting "loop". blush.gif I havn't purchased a comic book in a loooooooong time. grin.gif However I did recently purchase... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DFHQ3/qid=1084616378/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-5427038-4079030?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846 which is worth every penny. grin.gif

Although I am years behind in paper format, I have somewhat been keeping up with the comic based films and DVD's. I instantly became a Smallville fan upon watching the first season on DVD....I fell in love. I pre-ordered Season 2 this morning, and I'm looking forward to watching all of the episodes. Although I'm somewhat skeptical, from what I've read, Season 2 is better than season 1!!

I also purchased the Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 2 disc set which includes season 1 of the series that I think originally aired on MTV. It took me about half of the first episode to get used to the cell shaded animation, but after watching season 1...I want more! Needless to say, I recommend the series to all Spidey fans and animation freaks (the effects are impressive, and the animation is smooth).

lol...not that anybody cares, but just for the record I'll offer my brief opinons on a few comic based movies that were released after I stopped posting here. The Daredevil movie was ok, it definitely was not Spider-Man, but I don't think it sucked as bad as some people claimed. The Hulk movie was almost ok and sucked more than Daredevil IMHO. It could have been great, and had so much potential. I could have even forgiven the miserable attempt to do comic book like frames a couple of times, but the ending was a big cheeze with a capital "C". I was surprised that X-Men 2 turned out to be IMHO, better than the first movie. Usually sequals don't live up to their predecessors, but X-Men 2 surpassed the first movie in every way! Nightcrawler made the movie for me, and the opening scene with Nightcrawler was definitly a great way to suck people into the movie.

I have not watched the new Punisher movie....yet.

I am looking forward to watching Spider-Man 2 when it is released. I'm thinking it will be the best film released this year. I formed my prediction based on watching the fullscreen theatrical trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_2/trailer/

Thinking back, Kevthemev and others were right on target concerning paper to film conversions. I would like to see more of my favorite heroes on the big screen because current technology has convinced me that anything is possible on film.