• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Egg's Monster Mania-SOLD OUT

25 posts in this topic

The following books are from a friend's original owner collection. They are well loved, most are "readers", none are CGC candidates IMO. Included are Famous Monsters of Filmland, Castle of Frankenstein, Spaceman, Screen Thrills & Fantastic Monsters. Some are these are VERY scarce. I will try to list everything available by the end of this weekend. Happy hunting.

Shipping in the U.S. will be $5.00 and up depending upon how you want the books sent (priority mail, media mail, etc). International buyers PM me & we will try to work it out. Insurance required for larger orders.

I try to be a conservative grader, I tend to lower the grade if I am unsure.

Rules, first :takeit: wins, feel free to PM me with questions and/or wants or requests.

I will accept paypal, or you can mail me a personal or cashiers check (in U.S. funds please). International buyers using paypal will have a 4% surcharge.

The first fifteen issues or so of Famous Monsters of Filmland are scarce. They were tough to get 40 years ago & are still hard to find at a reasonable price. High grade copies sell for many hundreds of dollars, some for thousands.

The earliest issue my friend Johnny had was #7 from 1960. It is in VG condition with some tape on the upper left hand portion of the spine. An inferior condition copy (2.0 with tape) just sold on Ebay for $94.89. We are asking $99 for this copy.

SOLD via PM

DSCF3880.jpg

The early issues of FM were very prone to spine splits, a few of my original copies that I sold in 1970 had that problems, which is why you see so many of the early issues with tape on the spines.

SOLD via PM

Famous Monsters of Filmland #11 G/VG with taped spine.................$29.

DSCF3883.jpg

Here's what's left & what page it is on.

Page 1

Famous Monsters of Filmland #7 VG w/tape........$99

FMOF #8 VG w/tape.........$79

FMOF #11 G/VG w/tape....$29

FMOF #13 G/VG w/tape....$39

FMOF #19 Fair.................$10

FMOF #20 Fair w/tape.......$10

FMOF #21 VG..................$29

FMOF #22 VG...................$19

Page 2

FMOF #23 VG...................$19

FMOF #28 G/VG................$12