• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Opinion Of The Most Influential Modern Comic Book Character

81 posts in this topic

I don't see why other media can't be contenders to produce the most "influential modern comic" character?

Rick Grimes--I don't get The Walking Dead love, but the TV show's popular even among non-comic readers. I see it as a passing fad, however (a la Preacher, Y: The Last Man, and 100 Bullets--all of these were superb, but will never be as influential as Sandman).

What? how do you think it's a passing trend? The WD print runs have surpassed some mainstream titles. That's not a fad, that's popularity. CHEW is a fad, the WD now is more popular than Preacher and Y have ever been. Hard to say this, but it is true.

(thumbs u Agreed.

Some old timers can`t fathom how The Walking Dead is now taking on a Lost tv show iconic status with mainstream.

I had a few old timers pm me that Walking Dead is just a fad. No it`s not. It did what Superman,Batman,Spider-man and TMNT did. It conquered other forms of media early. Not many comic book creations can boost what the Walking Dead has done.A huge ratings hit. I expect Walking Dead CGC 9.8s to eventually become a $1000 + book in the years ahead.If we do the math we find a 7000 print run with millions of fans. Just imagine how hot this book will be down the line when the rule of 25 takes affect. :cloud9: