• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Mini-Con - Sunday January 22nd

66 posts in this topic

Great seeing and talking to all the board members today!!! (thumbs u

Hope everyone found what they were looking for :wishluck:

Great show. It was nice to see everyone. Picked up a few nice books and some original art from Andy Smith, Cliff Chiang and Budd Root.

Great seeing and talking to all the board members today!!! (thumbs u

Hope everyone found what they were looking for :wishluck:

Great show. It was nice to see everyone. Picked up a few nice books and some original art from Andy Smith, Cliff Chiang and Budd Root.

Sounds like some great OA :headbang:

Dover texted a nice report to me!

He even sent pics!

Looked like fun!

:applause:

It was Bill :headbang:

Good seeing Michael and his son today.........looks like we have a new collector

He loved it.

We ended up buying Shogun Warriors 5 - 10, he has 1-4. He already read them.

Bought a 4 issue run of Captain America and read them.

Bought his sister some Sonics and Pokemon books: read them.

And some posters for his room!!

He already wants to sell the ones he read so he can buy more. He is busy trying to figure out how much he can get for them. :D

I did find something that surprised me. We were buying some Sonic posters someone printed out and the seller threw down some original Sonic comic book pages. Well wouldn't you know, Terry Austin was the inker!

I had to buy one for $10.00, could not resist.

Also, probably a regret I'll have is passing up some DC Dollar books. I think these will be good to have, find, buy and hold. I don't know why I did not buy them, but I regret it now. They were 9.0 and up and well priced.

:frustrated:

There were also some really nice 100 page giants, pricey but nice, I wish I would have snagged.

Oh well, got to get the rust off and engage a little better at the shows. Maybe focusing so hard on Neil sometimes leads me astray.

Great show, better than I thought it would be. But really, just being around comics with my son is always better than I can imagine.

:applause:

Now we've got Mario of Mario's Comics from ATL.

Image00009.jpg

If you're in the greater ATL area, Mario's holding a Comic Book & Collectibles Show on Sunday January 29, 2012, if you're interested check out http://marioscomics.weebly.com for more info.

Got the OA with inks by Austin from him.

Nice guy.