• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman #15 Original Cover Artwork

22 posts in this topic

Really nice piece of modern comic art here:

Miracleman #15 Original Cover Artwork on eBay

Bidding's up to $4,350 as I write this and the reserve is not yet met. 893whatthe.gif The scary thing is, the piece is listed on Black Line Fever's website as having been sold for $600. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Hi Gene,

In case you didn't notice, the final price was over 12,000!!!!

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

It's like the comic art equivalent of Picasso's "Boy With A Pipe"! Not your typical men-in-tights superhero piece + hitting the market at the right time = buyer making 20 times his money on the sale. I have to say, though, that it's one of the best pieces of comic art, from an aesthetic standpoint, I've ever seen. I mean, I don't know Miracleman from Dupcak, but seeing this amazing cover sure as hell would make me want to find out what's inside the book!

Hi Gene,

The word on the street is that the original series will likely be reprinted in trade paperback format, so be sure to pick it up!

I, myself, read the first ten issues but then never read the Totleben run..... so I'm looking forward to the reprints as well.

Hi Gene,

The word on the street is that the original series will likely be reprinted in trade paperback format, so be sure to pick it up!

I, myself, read the first ten issues but then never read the Totleben run..... so I'm looking forward to the reprints as well.

First 10 issues are great, but then the series gets ridiculously good. ONe of the best runs ever. You will like the "Olympus" storyline!

I bought a copy of #15 in Philly this weekend, and saw only 1 other copy of it (almost bought it as well).

Wow! 12K for the cover! This was one of the topics of discussion at the dinner. Many of us (myself included) were figuring it'd break the 10K barrier! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I bought a copy of #15 in Philly this weekend, and saw only 1 other copy of it (almost bought it as well).

There seems to be quite a few copies of this supposedly scarce book around. Is this book really that scarce or is it just the hype surrounding it? confused-smiley-013.gif

There seems to be quite a few copies of this supposedly scarce book around. Is this book really that scarce or is it just the hype surrounding it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Issues 15-24 are noticebly tougher to find than the preceeding issues. I wouldn't call them "scarce" per se, but alot tougher. And #15 is the KEY book in the run, and the most sought after.

One of the more undervalued Modern books in the guide, IMO.

hey chris,

the same dealer you bought the miracleman #15 later in the weekend acquired a Miracleman 15 CGC 9.6!!!

Although personally, I'm a bigger fan of the book raw.

shocked.gif How so? Did you sell him yours?

I think, having had all of these books, that 15 is noticeably easier to find than 16, but both pale in "hardness to find" to 24.

And for those of you who haven't read it, Miracleman 11-16, the "Olympus" storyline, is spectacular, one of the top-10 storylines in the history of comics. It was one of those rare books where EVERYTHING worked and the creators just riffed off each other. [!@#%^&^]' Brew comes to mind.

The reason I was interested in these books because of the BOORAA that takes place in #15 893whatthe.gif ....seems like a pretty out there thing for a comic book...also it is the only BOORAA that I know of in any comic...and no I am no gay...not that there is anything wrong with that grin.gif

When I first heard about the idea I was like 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

but then I learned that it has nothing to do with his powers and everything to do with how he deals with his powers...kinda neat...then of course the BOORAA... 893whatthe.gif

all right, fine then, we'll ask.... what's a BOORAA?

Have you ever read MiracleMan #15?...something aweful happens to Kid Miracle in that book...that something aweful causes him to go crazy and splatter the couple of dudes that did it....a BOORAA (yes it must be in all caps) is a butt-rape...it started as a dig against someone you just defeated..."I just BOORAA'd your as$"

..then it was shortened to just "BOORAA!"...my friend even has a pair of nike shox that say "BOORAA" on the side...

I've read the book several times but not recently. Is the term actually used in the book? If so, I don't recall. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. ooo.gif

all right, fine then, we'll ask.... what's a BOORAA?

Have you ever read MiracleMan #15?...something aweful happens to Kid Miracle in that book...that something aweful causes him to go crazy and splatter the couple of dudes that did it....a BOORAA (yes it must be in all caps) is a butt-rape...it started as a dig against someone you just defeated..."I just BOORAA'd your as$"

..then it was shortened to just "BOORAA!"...my friend even has a pair of nike shox that say "BOORAA" on the side...

I thought that the "BOORAA" happened in Miracleman 14...

Yes I am sure that you are right...the 15 is the battle between kid miracle and MiracleMan...No matter what issue it happens in...it is very disturbing...so what is it that makes 15 better than 14? Lower print run? Sorry I have just gotten into the whole miracle man thing recently and have yet to actually pick up the issues, but I have read scans of some of the books and I did enjoy it...oh well...thanks for clearing that up...

ps glad to see you enjoying that show...archive.org is awesome...

I've read the book several times but not recently. Is the term actually used in the book? If so, I don't recall. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. ooo.gif

no not used in the book...it is a childish term used by a small group of people for something that is quite funny when directed towards a friend, but not generally acceptable to yell out in public. grin.gif