• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman #15 Original Cover Artwork

22 posts in this topic

Yes I am sure that you are right...the 15 is the battle between kid miracle and MiracleMan...No matter what issue it happens in...it is very disturbing...so what is it that makes 15 better than 14? Lower print run?

14 is the issue in which the 'bad thing' occurs with Kid MIracleman's 'host-body.'

15 is the battle royale with Kid Miracleman & Miracleman, as London is pratically leveled & many, many people are killed. Pretty shocking material. I guess you could look at it as a modern take on a titanic Hulk/Thor battle. This is pretty-much the climax of Moore's entire storyline.

16 took FOREVER to come out & thus a lot of fans lost their interest in the book. I'm sure issues sat on the shelves, unread, when it did come out, as people forgot about it. I think this book is slightly longer (in page-count) than the other issues, too. Moore wraps everything up.

17 begins Neil Gaiman's run on the book (supposedly 'hand-picked' by Moore to take up the reigns), which lasted 'til #24. 17-21 came out somewhat regularly & are somewhat plentiful/available. The storyline takes a completely different turn & felt like a jolt to the system after reading Moore's TREMENDOUS, mind-boggling wrap-up. Also, the artwork, if I remember correctly, is by Mark Buckingham - and while not horrible, was another big shock to the mind after looking at the beauty of the last Moore issues.

22 is a bit tougher to locate and 23 is even harder, but not impossible to find. These issues trickled in several months apart & momentum on the series began to die again.

24, IMO, is the toughest to locate of all (with 16 and 23 being the other two hardest to track down), as it also took forever to come out, much like 16. 24 is not impossible to find, but it's surprisingly annoying to track down.

The last 3 or 4 issues of the run have GREAT Barry WIndsor Smith covers.

Just my 2-cents worth...