• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday January 15

17 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, January 15, 2011

Hours: 10am to 4pm

Admission: $3

Location: Ramada Philadelphia Airport, 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029

Parking: Free on-site

Comic and Collectibles

Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles! Dealer tables are SOLD OUT for this show!

- Golden Age Comics

- Silver Age Comics

- Bronze Age Comics

- Modern Comics and the Latest Issues

- Original Artwork

- Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers

- DVDs

- Japanese Manga

- Toys and Action Figures

- Statues and Busts

- Non-Sportscards

Special Guest

J.G. Jones - comic artist best known for his incredible covers to all 52 covers of the 52 series, as well as covers for Y: The Last Man.

Door Prizes

Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am! Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win. You must be present to win.

Directions

The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport, 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA

From the South - Take I-95 North to Exit 8 (Ridley Park). Merge onto South Stewart Ave. At the light, turn LEFT onto Industrial Highway. The Ramada is on

the RIGHT side.

From the North - Take I-95 South to Exit 9A (Essington). Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave). Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway. The Ramada is on the LEFT

side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

For Information or Dealers' Tables

Phone: (856) 217-5737

Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com

Official Website: www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

Next Show

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Gift Certificates

Show promoter Derek Woywood informs me that he has gift certificates available that can be used at both the January 15 and March 18 upcoming shows. To purchase gift certificates, please contact Derek directly.

Phone: (856) 217-5737

Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com

:bump:

The Philadelphia Comic Con is coming up this weekend! :whee:

Derek always puts on a great show. Ciorac and I will be there searching for Golden Age treasures. Any boardies going to join us?

Thankfully, I've managed to squeeze the show into my schedule (I work in a seasonal business in my "real" job which is hell). I'll have a table full of $5 comics that are worth up to $50. $1 comics worth about $5 each... along with a 50% off wall and cool stuff like vintage 1970's con sketches... an Elvis negative (with contact print), and an autographed George Harrison photo.

Mention that you saw this post and I'll give you a free comic from my $5 table!

I'll be wearing the black shirt and paisley tie.

Thankfully, I've managed to squeeze the show into my schedule (I work in a seasonal business in my "real" job which is hell). I'll have a table full of $5 comics that are worth up to $50. $1 comics worth about $5 each... along with a 50% off wall and cool stuff like vintage 1970's con sketches... an Elvis negative (with contact print), and an autographed George Harrison photo.

Mention that you saw this post and I'll give you a free comic from my $5 table!

I'll be wearing the black shirt and paisley tie.

definitely will check you out tomorrow, main reason I go to this show is to go through the bargain boxes. (thumbs u

I plan on attending in the morning. (thumbs u

For anyone reading this thread this morning debating to go or not, here is the updated list of dealers attending from Derek's e-mail.

Besides JG Jones we have added Discovery Comics and manufacturer Toon Tumblers. You can check them both out on the web respectively at http://www.discoverycomics.com and http://www.toontumblers.com

Our dealer list is -

John Ciba

Dave's American Comics

Collectors Comics

Steve Rusk

John Rodemaker

Mike Decarl

Stormwatch Comics

Tim Quicksell

Mike Blatherwick

Joe Getsinger

Ted A

Gene Patterson

Gary Platt

Adventure Planet

Mike& Connie

Cards, Comics and Collectibles (promoter of the annual Baltimore Comicon)

Ontario Street Comic Shop

Rick Kopesky

Basement Comics/Al Stoltz

Carl Klein

Showcase Comics

Bob Cook

Collectors Corner

All-American Comics/Gene Carpenter

Jim Doyle

Chris Millilo

Paul Zerman

Jim Murray

Bill Parisho

Bob Fox

Ninja Pirate Gear/Ben Penrod

Best attended Philly monthly show in a very long time. Picked up some high grade BA white pagers from Gary Platt, and some near mint Treasuries with amazingly bright covers and paper from Al Stoltz. Also pleasantly surprised that Paul/Silverandbronze set up with cool Toon Tumblers and magnets that I hadn't seen before.

Had a great show show today! Thanks Derek! Sold the art and Elvis negative within the 1st hour. ( I still have that George Harrison autograph...)

Nice to meet Brother J. Enjoy the book! I sold tons of $5 comics before you got there... I'm sure you would have found something else earlier.