• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lscomics - This year in SS

9 posts in this topic

Over all 2011 was a pretty good year for me. I was able to (finally) narrow down a focus for my collection as a whole and increase the number of SS books I have by around 50% from last year. I'm still waiting on about eleven subs to come back (I'll post pics of them when they do) but here's what I was able to put together this year through trades, the boards, ebay and submissions.

th_ActionComics419.jpgth_ActionComics425.jpgth_ActionComics445.jpgth_AdventureComics1.jpgth_AdventureComics1regular.jpgth_AdventureComics2.jpg

th_AdventureComics2variant.jpgth_AdventureComics6.jpgth_AdventureComics6variant.jpgth_Avengers1Delgado.jpgth_Avengers1Zahler.jpgth_Batman227.jpg

th_Batman623Mexican.jpgth_Batman240.jpgth_Batman244.jpgth_CaptainAmerica4.jpgth_CaptainAmerica453.jpgth_CaptainAmerica454.jpg

th_CaptainAmerica601.jpgth_CaptainAmerica6012nd.jpgth_CaptainAmerica1Perez.jpgth_DarkAvengers1.jpgth_DetectiveComics411.jpgth_DetectiveComics411A.jpg

th_FallenSon3a.jpgth_FearItself2.jpgth_Flash246.jpgth_GruneLantern114.jpgth_GreenLantern85.jpgth_GreenLantern87.jpg

th_GreenLantern88.jpgth_GreenLantern89.jpgth_HouseofMystery208.jpgth_HouseofSecrets88.jpgth_JusticeLeague138.jpgth_MillenniumBatman1.jpg

th_MoonKnight55.jpgth_PhantomStranger13.jpgth_PhantomStranger14.jpgth_Spectre4.jpgth_Spider-Man29.jpgth_Superboy160.jpg

th_Superboy163.jpgth_Superboy175.jpgth_SuperDCGiant17.jpgth_Superman233.jpgth_Superman261.jpgth_Superman307.jpg

th_Superman317.jpgth_SupermanBatman13rd.jpgth_SupermanBatman3.jpgth_SupermanBatman5.jpgth_SupermanFamily182.jpgth_TalesofSuspense59.jpg

th_TeenTitans14.jpgth_TeenTitans14b.jpgth_Unexpected132.jpgth_YoungRomance154.jpg

I'd like to thank Chandler & Sharon at Desert Wind Comics, Rich Henn, Joe Pierson, Kevin Boyd, Triston Pence, Dale Roberts, Greg Reece and everyone else that I've dealt with this year and all those who participated in the SS Trade Weekend.

I hope you all have a happy & safe holiday season and am looking forward to whatever 2012 brings.

Thanks! Going into 2012 I'm going to be focusing a lot more on foreign editions, mainly stuff from the silver & bronze era. I'm still sticking with Adams, Wrightson as my main overall focus but you'll be seeing some really cool foreign stuff by both of them too. I'm going to try to get at least a few more books from Nick Cardy as well. I'll also be going after Spidey & MJ covers as well as Krypto covers and of course Captain America stuff.

Depending on how busy the weekend is I'm going to start digging out some stuff for a sales thread. I figure if it's not in front of me it will help me keep focused on my primary SS goals.