• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never Again

10 posts in this topic

Please make corrections to the journals to allow them to get to the chat boards.

The journals refuse to allow certain symbols to make it in the journals and allow the to enter the chat boards. The Comma is one of them. Quotes are another. AT least that is what I have found. At first I thought it was the cut and paste job I did from Word. Gemma was nice enough to work on this for me. I even started to type my journals directly into the field given.

Of course this makes it more difficult because then there is no guarantee my grammar will be any decent. Next year i might just go back to the cut and paste because after spending a half an hour on a journal typing directly in the box I erased it. I painstakingly went through it to see what was in there that would omit me from the chat boards.

I closed the window thinking was shrinking it down. At work tonight I will try to recreate that journal because it was rather personal. Until then I will wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

See more journals by Tnerb

I don't even try to post them here from the journals, too many keystrokes don't translate properly. The whole situation just isn't worth the extra effort.

Merry Christmas to you too, my friend.

Lee K

You can create a journal with very little in it, post it to the forum, and then go back in and edit both the forum post and the journal to what you wanted to say in the first place. It avoids all the BS.

Cheetah,

What about when they don't get added at all, How would I be able to change that. For instance I just posted a journal and it did not link to the boards. What can I do to change that? And Thank you for the info and the help.

lol It is a sillyass method but create a journal entry using 'test' as the title, 'test' as the teaser and 'test' as the body. This will make it to the board. Then go in and paste your real message in both the journal and on the board through the edit option.

It works. I assume there is some sort of issue with text characters that is creating the issue with posting.

I have done that before. The problem is when I edit the journal, the journal on the board still says test. SO far I was able to figure out that a quote (") or a comma(,) will omit your journal from reaching the chat boards. an Octothorpe (#) also might omit a journal entry as well. Gemma has notified me that they are still trying to correct the problem.

You can edit the entry on the board by looking to the lower right-hand corner of your post and selecting the 'edit' button. It is right next to 'reply,' 'quote,' etc. You can modify the initial post just like any other post in the thread.