• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Corral

51 posts in this topic

toast-3.jpg

Bread that has been browned by exposure to radiant heat is commonly known as toast. This browning reaction is known as the Maillard reaction. Toasting warms the bread, making it firmer so it holds toppings more securely. Toasting makes it stale bread more palatable.

It also kills of any mold that might be forming. (Thats why the 120c is important)

Mister Toast, do you prefer salted or unsalted butter when you desire buttered toast? I much prefer unsalted. I find salted butter is too salty.

I enjoy a rustic whole wheat bread I cut into thick slices and toast. It is often the "starch" when I have a mixed salad dressed with balsamic and olive oil and grass fed beef or organic roast chicken or a small boneless duBreton pork chop.

I find the thick buttered toast an ideal, albeit polygamous, marriage with the salad and the protein.

Mister Toast, do you prefer salted or unsalted butter when you desire buttered toast? I much prefer unsalted. I find salted butter is too salty.

I enjoy a rustic whole wheat bread I cut into thick slices and toast. It is often the "starch" when I have a mixed salad dressed with balsamic and olive oil and grass fed beef or organic roast chicken or a small boneless duBreton pork chop.

I find the thick buttered toast an ideal, albeit polygamous, marriage with the salad and the protein.

Salted. Always.

I greatly enjoy dipping a nice, wholesome, locally made wheat bread into olive oil and balsamic. Incredible.

Beef is out. Chicken and pork are in, along with turkey and fish.

During World War I, a master mechanic in a plant in Stillwater, Minnesota named Charles Strite decided to do something about the burnt toast served in the company cafeteria. To circumvent the need for continual human attention, Charles Strite incorporated springs and a variable timer, and filed the patent application for his pop-up toaster on May 29, 1919. He intended the device would be sold to the restaurant trade.

The toaster was issued a patent number 1,394,450 and was issued October 18, 1921.

Here's an idea:

Don't drop your toast to begin with. No butter side down if it doesn't dump in the first place!

(Ducks and runs, giggling like an idjit)